7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New course...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discgolf101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: New course... Reply with quote

I have some pretty exciting news! Myself, Travis and JD (Walcott) spent our day today at Pomerelle Ski Resort mapping out a new 18 hole course. Pomerelle has bought the equipment and entrusted us with designing a course for them with the hope that they can draw more interest there during the summer.

With the help of one of their lead guys, we plotted it out so the course would play similar to a golf course. We split it into two separate 9 hole courses with the idea that you will play the front course, stop in the lodge for lunch and some drinks, then ride back up to play the second course.

Yes, I did mention "ride" in that last sentence. This is a private course and there will be lift fees, but you will ride the chair lift and wind your way down and through the mountain. We did not GPS things yet (that will be in a couple weeks), but our estimate right now is that each 9 hole course plays around 7,000 feet in length! It will be loaded with par 4's and perhaps a couple par 5's along the way. Our intent in this design was to create a championship level course that we will be able to begin having some bigger tournaments at. Pomerelle is perfect for a tournament setting as the lodge could easily accomodate a couple hundred people for meetings and they serve food (reasonably priced I might add) right there where we would hold the meetings.

I'll keep you up to date as we move along, but we probably won't be able to install until sometime in June as we need to wait for the snow to melt. We will, however, be having a couple open days where we will be having people come check it out and give some [constructive] criticism.

Big things are happening in this part of Idaho!

- Scrivner
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason,

That is sweet, good job!!!! I was wondering how you approached them or did they come to you. I was thinking of approaching beaver mountain ski resort about it.

Thanks,

Caleb Wolfe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: