10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what about lost discs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: what about lost discs? Reply with quote

Do you ever wonder what happens to all those discs you throw and then never find? Do they go to that big disc golf course in the sky, or is it something more sinister? I've had to accept the unfortunate fact that the reality is grim. TWICE now I have been at our wonderful Ross Park and seen some idiot using one of Matt English's lost discs. I can't help but wonder what goes through the heads of the people who "find" these discs. And also, how many people are out there right now using one of MY lost discs without any shame or guilt.
At first, I thought it would be sufficient to just write my name on a disc. After I found that this was not enough, I added (in all capitals I might add) "PLEASE CALL." Still not having any discs returned to me, I finalized my discs with "$ REWARD." I still have not have a disc returned by anyone other than a fellow club member. Maybe the general disc golf population simply doesn't realize that my name and number, please call, and cash reward signify the fact that I might want that disc back. What is it going to take?
Without hesitation, no matter how sweet the disc was, I have always called on plastic that I have found. Upon return, I simply ask that they return the favor when it comes to other people's lost discs. Can't everyone do something so simple? I mean for goodness sakes, its only a fifteen dollar piece of plastic...
English101

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Life is funny that way. Reply with quote

So... just a quick note, there are some good people out there who return plastic. I wish there were more, but I am trying to restore the faith in humanity.

I got a call last week from Idaho Falls, someone found my son's 150 champ eagle in a tree. He lost it 2 summers ago in the water on whole 4.

I got a call today from Valparaiso Indiana, a guy had found my champ sidewinder. I have never been to Indiana, at it has been at least a year since I have owned a 167 champ sidewinder, because I don't remember ever owning it?.... He is mailing it off today.

I guess there are good people out there, you just sometimes have to go through two or three people who are crappy disc golfers who lose your discs multiple times to get there.

I guess I just need to stop losing so much plastic. (Not a good sign about my game, or lack thereof.)
English101

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: They done learnt me good... Reply with quote

I am sure that somewhere in my vast edumacation I must have been taught the difference between "whole" and "hole", not to mention "at" and "and".

It is unfortunate that I seem to be playing disc golf about as well as I am spelling at the moment.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Louden if you see this message before ross park league please stop by ross park tonight before or during league. I have some stuff for you in regards to what i called you about a week or two ago.

thanks
-james
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: