9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sister City feedback goes here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Sister City feedback goes here Reply with quote

Alright If you have had a chance to play the course I would like some feedback. There is still room for some changes, hopefully minor ones.

If something seems terribly dangerous or ridiculous we can make a change still. Also I can make more sleeves.

Comment on pins, pads, layout, flow, obstacles, difficulty, did it meet expectations? .......
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go first.

The front is about what I expected. It has some good forehand and backhand holes. it has a few that should be gimmie, and a few that won't give up 2's a lot. I'm really happy with 7, 8 and 9.
1 is cool. 2 is OK 3 is OK 4 is kind of dumb. 5 is fun but might not remain so forever. 6 is shorter than I thought.

the pin where it is on 3 could presnt neighbor conflicts. we'll see.

The back doesn't play as long as I thought it would. It does lack obstacles on many holes. but it still have lots of fun shots.

10- happy. need bigger box
11- happy- not as long as I thought though.
12- has the lenght but isn't that interesting. kind of disappointed
13- fun even to the dam. might move it to parking lot soon to try it out.
14- all good. like deep spot too.
15- surprisingly fun. may hit joggers on path.
16- love to bomb it off hill. can't get there.
17- kind of boring.
18- I like it. the walk back up the hill isn't that bad.

the most dissapointing thing about the back is that it doesn't provide a lot of seperating to open players.

basically no one can reach the pins so everyon is playing for 3. a good drive and a bad drive often yield the same score. but I will likely get better at 120' upshots!

If anyone developes a pure cannon arm they are going to dominate.
Noah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had time to play 16, 17 or 18 yet, but I must say I do really like the dynamic range of the course. Front 9 is finesse shots like Ross. While the back 9 lets you stretch your arm out a little bit. This is going to be an awesome course for a league!

Thanks again for everyone who has put effort into this course. It is much appreciated!
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the front 9 is pretty cool. I also agree that 4 is somewhat pointless in it's spot now. Tucked right was a lot cooler.

5 is not as crowded as I thought it might be, but still pretty fun little hole.

I agree that 6 is not as long as we first thought. I anhyzered a wasp within 5 feet.

Love 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, and 9.

All told, I give the front a B+.

The back, is a little different. I liked 10 in that it is a little bit of a mind game, playing longer than it looks.

11 is still cool, but it will be more fun when we can all figure out where we are going.

12 is pretty fun. I think it will play a lot harder for the folks who don't throw it a country mile like Lance. I wathced a couple of folks struggle to get a 5 there.

13 is awesome in the tourney and island spot. The dam hole is fun, but I fear it disrupts the flow of the course.

14 is awesome in both spots.

15 is pretty cool in that I really think this hole could be a separator for pros. You need a decent anhyzer or forehand gun to get it there.

16 is a beautiful shot in both spots. Helacious in the wind.

17 is kind of bland in the short pin. Maybe long pin will be more fun.

18 is cool just like 10 in that it plays longer than it looks.

Back nine gets a solid B.

As I play it more, I'll probably have more to say.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a call (don't know why me) from a disc golfer who couldn't figure out how to navigate through 12-13-14. I know its early, but it wouldn't take long to stick a number on each post and put a sticker on each basket (you should have them already).

I think Lance is happy that I moved out of Idaho so he could still be the long thrower in the area.

To sum up my opinion of the course. If your goal was to make all beginners - intermediates afraid of the back nine, you won. It is very challenging and it doesn't scare me but almost feels more unpleasant to play due to the overwhelming distance of each hole. To analagize, its like hearing a monotone sing. You are waiting for something different after the next note, like a fun ace run. I would keep 13 in the shorter positions most the time.

Granted, I don't know if I played long pins on most the holes or not.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front 9 easy. If thats what you were going for "A." If not... "D" holes i liked (1,8,9)

Back 9 is good but i agree with Lance. There isn't much room to move within the Open group. I think whoever shoots the best on the front and gets 1-3 birdies on the back Wins every time.

-I liked 10. It will probably be harder in the wind
-11 is good because its blind, but i can see cars getting hit
-12 is long. I'll be impressed with three's on that hole
-13 was okay. i missed my birdy putt
-14 i really liked and birdied (my favorite hole)
-15 was cool. easy 3 or sweet 2
-16 i think this hole is really good. missed my birdy putt though
-17 okay hole. almost birdied from 75ft out
-18 tried for the 2, but didn't get there because i barely caught that big dead tree. easy 3

The course is a little hard to navigate without a guide. The baskets do need numbers of some sort. Positive: I saw more traffic there then i ever do at Bengal already. Big Time Negative: I already saw an empty beer can leaning against a tee post on the front nine.

Thats all i've got for now.
feit11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played sister city twice now and both times came to the same conclusion. front nine easy yet fun. I agree with everybodies previous posts about the front. Some holes seem a little out of place. Don't even want to try to write down ideas, won't be able to articulate very well. If you want my opinions we need to be playing.
As far as the back 9 goes. WoW! LONG! Holes 9 and ten i like.

Hole 11 HATE!!! Move it someplace else!

12 is way to long and straight. I had 2 great shots with a beast today and was still 90 feet short.

13 is out of the way for the dam shot.

14 i like.

15 is not bad don't know of any other options.

16 is great. Love the down hill shot.

17 is to boring at of a shot. the long pin placement is long.

18 i think could be made shorter. that thistle, tree area is nasty.

Like i said i won't even try to write my ideas down due to my lack of writing skills. but i would be happy to meet a few of you guys up there some time to play and talk about them.

All in all i like the course, but mainly at this point because it is new.
jellyman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been able to play the coursea couple of times and really like it. there are a good number of holes that i thought are really cool.

if me and my noodle arm were to give any negative comments, and i use the term negative lightly, it would be that i would like holes 5 and 9 to be a bit longer. also probably my least favorite part of the course was 13. it was fun enough to throw but i dont like the current placement at all in relation to the rest of the course.

the course is awesome and thanks to everyone who put their money, ideas, and effort into bringing us another course!
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah i forgot to address Flow. I think flow of traffic is going to be bad because of lost discs. I don't plan on losing any, but i am sure there will be plenty of lost discs at this course. In my round yesterday i had to wait at hole 8 for 15min. while some guy was ranting and raving about his lost disc. (there were two guys and they both had lost discs. one found his and the other did not.)

What can we do about it? Not much. Maybe a little weed wacking. In league and tournament it will be extremely important to call "lost disc" on people even if they're your buddy.

Best Color Disc for this Course: In my opinion Bright Pink
kemmcase

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Playing today Reply with quote

I finally got out and played all 18 holes today with the two time two time champ Mark Lansing and THe FAMOUS KERRY HONG. After thinking about the flow i think it would be nice if 9 and 18 ended close to the parking lot.

My Idea

Keep 1-5 and the same
Have hole 8 now be 6
HOle9-7
hole 10-8
hole11-9 This will allow people who want to try to play some of the rougher part of the course on the front 9. As well as having hole 9 back towards the parking lot.

Than
HOle 16 now be hole 10
So if people want to go to the back it plays right there or go to their car
hole 17 be hole 11
and hole 18 be 12

than walk up the hill throw
12 be13
13 be14
14 be15
15 be16
and finish up with
hole 6 be 17
and hole 7 be 18

I don't know this is just what i was thinking if somebody that plays it more often wants to try that layout to see how it goes and see the flow and respond back to this.

As well my favorite hole on the course is hole 6 because that is the hole i aced on. As well as hole 1 are my two favorite holes on the course
staatsy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to play the course on Friday for the first time. I think it was one of the windiest days we've had in a while. Let me first say that when the wind is whipping, I think Sister City will be tougher than Bengal. It's much more exposed and the wind seems to "swirl" more down in the back 9.

Fun course. Front 9 was fun. Keep 6 right were it is - birdied both times with one drive hitting all kinds of chains. 7 in the right placement (blind) was tough, but I like it. 8 is crazy with a cross-wind. 9 is crazy if you go right or short, but death-put if you're long or left. 10 was a fun little hole. Can see someone putting one in the road long (right, Noah?).

Bit of a hike from 11 to 12. 12. Is. Long. 2 full drives, then a long put, then a short put for 4. 13 in the island looks intimidating, but is easier than it looks. Didn't get to play 15. 16 is a long hole. 18 is birdie-able.

Would love to play it when it's calm out. I think I'm going to have to hit the gym this winter if I have any hopes of making par on a couple of those back 9 holes.

Eric
Noah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Yeah! Ace run laser beam shots aren't good if you miss the chains! lol
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been under the recycling bins. it has to be pretty terrible though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: