7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orc vs. Wraith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Orc vs. Wraith Reply with quote

As most of you guys know my go to driver is the Wraith but I was thinking about picking up a orc and giving it a try cause now that I can throw correctly most of the time I was kinda wondering what the difference is.

Before I did I figured I would ask those who have throw the both of them what the difference is?
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a while since I carried and orc.

The orc has better glide. meaning it goes further with less power/speed...but the wraith is faster so thrown really hard it goes further. If you are throwing inder 350 the orc might actually be a longer disc.

The wraith is a little more understable for me. meaning my preferred distance line is easier to hold (big annie).

Caleb is an orc man. he should chime in.
polarbear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mooch I have a max weight orc you can throw and see what you think
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Champ Orc on the other side of the canyon in twin falls. If you want it it's yours Cool . I used to love throwing an Orc, it just doesn't fit my throwing style any more. I would say that it is more stable than a wraith. I would also say ask Caleb. he'll be at walcott this weekend
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wraith was a little to flippy for me. I think the reason I am sticking with the orc is because I feel I can control it better. Ever since innova went with the wider rim with the destroyer, max, boss, wraith, I have not liked the wider rim. What I have noticed since saturday and getting the boss is that it is way more over stable then my orc. When I throw the boss and don't feel like I got a great pull I have noticed that it is going as far as my orc. I think the only time I will throw it is going to be when I have a long open shot and can anhyeiser the heck out of it. Besides that I think the orc is still going to be my go to disc for control.

Caleb Wolfe
staatsy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably just repeating everything that's said here, but for me, the Wraith turns over a bit easier than an Orc. I can release an Orc with a good amount of hyzer, throw it hard, and it'll hold it's line and not flip. It's a great, accurate backhand driver for me.

That's not to say that I'm a great, accurate backhand thrower, though Smile

Eric

hey mooch - what was the web site you were telling me about with the champ rocs at the tourney?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: