9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternate Basket Locations at Freeman Park

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Alternate Basket Locations at Freeman Park Reply with quote

Earlier this year Richard Kauffman met with one of the parks and recs people in Idaho Falls. He said that the city is willing to put in some alternate basket locations if we can give them some guidance. What they are looking for is location options and hole priorities. What I mean is that they may only do 4 holes at a time or something like that, so we need to prioritize which hole positions to add first. Kerry, KC, myself, and I'm sure others have already started throwing around ideas for different locations, and I'd love to get more opinions before we go back to the city. So, please post your ideas. Also, I'm trying to determine how much it will cost to get basket anchors for the holes. I have found some online for $22 each, but I wonder if they can be purchased or made cheaper. Any ideas?
mook

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchors won't come any cheaper than buying them directly from Innova.

This is a great idea. I wish I was closer so I could help. I am envisioning them all in my mind! Send me your e-mail on a pm and I will give you my two cents on a Google Earth map.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a map that shows some ideas for alternate pin placements. Some holes there just isn't much more to work with. It would be fun just to look at them while playing this weekend.

My favorite ideas are 2,3,7,8, 14, and 15

http://pvdgc.com/freeman.pdf

Hole #1. I don't know what else to do.
Hole #2 under the tree bunch is awesome. I don't take credit for that idea.
Hole #3 all the way back behind the baseball field. I wonder if the field would get in the way?
Hole #4 is a very rough draft. I think it would be cool to have it even closer to the creek. I don't care where.
Hole #5 seems obvious. I think Kerry and I both had the same idea
Hole #6 again, closer to water hazard, worried about the path, but then again, there's a road on the other side.
Hole #7 loving the water hazard. This time you must cross the stream.
Hole #8 seeing a trend?
Hole #9 Move this hole completely. My one regret about this course is that the Snake River is not utilized. I mapped an idea but have yet to see it in person. I know there are fisherman on the shore so we will have to take that into consideration. The current location is a great and challenging hole, but too many picnic and amphitheatre distractions.

Hole #10 Move it right down the tree line. A blown drive could be a disaster if you still don't have a clear 2nd shot.
Hole#11 right in the cluster of trees, makes a good roller hazard as well
Hole 12 either move it in the tree line in the ring on the right or left side... or both
Hole 13, Move it behind the far tree. I like the idea of forearms tempting to go over the water and mess on the shore for a birdie. Back handers will have to straighten out their drive.
Hole 14. Move it to the northeast corner of the grass. I wonder if it will interfere with Hole 15 though?
Hole 15. Sharp right. Either forearm it, or try to backhand through a hole in the trees. Maybe Kerry could have another "Kerry's Hole".
Hole 16. its hard to get through that cluster of trees on the right. Why not put it right behind it. It would pay some homage to Lance's crackhead spot at Ross Park.
Hole 17 I am not in love with anything here. I just made it longer and tougher for backhands.
Hole 18. Put in a shorter pin right on the tree line but also use the practice basket as a third pin.

All these ideas are subject to be made fun of and thats fine. I was just bored so I thought I might try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: