7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soda Springs Summer Fling 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discgolfidaho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Soda Springs Summer Fling 2 Reply with quote

Online registration is now available for the Soda Springs Summer Fling 2, July 18.
Go to http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1240391497 for registration form.
English101

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun, last year was great.

When I pulled up the registration, I noticed that there is not an "intermediate" category? Does that mean that someone like me has to move to advanced am's or play rec? I guess that means I will be playing in the rec category. Feels kinda like the one disc tourney where I had to choose between "I suck" and "I don't suck".

Regardless, I will make plans to play.
discgolfidaho

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Soda Springs Update Reply with quote

Did a maintenance walk-through of the course with Shawnae, Bryce, and Kason (the new Recreation Director in Soda) and decided to move the pins on 5, 6, 9, and 11 to the B positions, which will add around 300 ft in total length. If we can get a B position sleeve in on 7, that one will move, as well, which will be another 40 feet.

As to divisions, I had to choose from 25 different divisions that the PDGA has listed. I will open a division for 4 or more players with listed PDGA player ratings within that division's scale. Register online for the closest to your rated division, and I'll either collect the difference or refund the difference at check-in. Don't wait until that morning to sign up, as space may be full.

www.pdgasignup.com
discgolfidaho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Two weeks to go... Reply with quote

Time to get signed up for the Summer Fling.

Monsanto is on board as Title Sponsor, which will see some added cash for the pros and a great payout for ams. Soda Shooting Sports is providing lunch on-site for all players. Innova is providing some great prizes. The player's pack disc will be most unique this year as will the tee-shirt.

Players are already registered from Idaho, Utah, Montana, and Oregon. The course is looking good and the pins are in the long positions. All divisions will play the Blue Course this year.

Head off to http://www.pdgasignup.com, hit the July link, and go to Soda Springs Summer Fling to register now.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

Is there any way to see who is registered so far.

Thanks,

Caleb Wolfe
discgolfidaho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: sssf 2 Reply with quote

Give me a call, Caleb.

785-8915
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PVDGC is going to be one of the vendors/sponsors at this event, so be sure to check us out.

Matt will have the discs and merchandise there.
mooch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get enough people to play intermediate how much more would it cost to play in that division? (pending the division will be opened of course).

Talking with Matt about how the Rec division looked last year I would feel kinda bad playing in that division even with a player rating of only 842.
Thanks
Noah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personaly I think getting beat by good players is worth it once in awhile. The best way to improve your game is to step it up, play and watch the better players, take a loss and not cry about it.

I am looking forward to playing with 600-899 rated players, because they have something I don't... a good to great PDGA rating.

The other plus, if you luck out and shoot an amazing round, you have an opportunity to gain a few extra points in the SIMS for the many players you beat.
mooch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not that I am going to get beat Noah it is that the Rec division is the lowest on the totem pole It goes Rec, Intermediate, Advanced, Pro (with a few more in there i am sure but those are the basics).

I am not saying that I am going to win Rec by any means so don't think that I am saying that.

I just foresee a big gap between the top half and the lower half in the Rec division but I don't know, I am only going off what I have been told about this tournament in the past. I just would hate to have someone who has only been playing to come out and have been told you should play in the rec division cause of how good you are then get stomped into the ground by the guys who have been playing for quite a bit longer. Again I could be way off with what I am thinking.
Noah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your way of thinking isn't far off Mooch, but with the entry fee's set at where they are and the course being played. How many "rec"/beginner Division players do you think are going to show up? Can anyone who has played this tourney before shed some light on this? Personaly, I think OUR "Intermediate" division is going to look like a PDGA Rec division.

Also How many non die hard disc golfers go play Soda's course for fun?
English101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year there was a lower division and an intermediate division. Interestingly, I seem to remember a surprising amount of people playing who were locals or fairly new to dg (myself included I think I had 8 total discs at the time mostly dx plastic) I thought this was and is a great thing for dg.

The problem that mooch is talking about, is that there were about 10 people playing last year with a traditional frisbee or an ultimate disc and the players pack disc.

I don't know if there was a "rec" division or a "beginner" division last year, but there was a distinction with that division and intermediate.

Noah might also be accurate in thinking that the registration fees are a little higher this year. (still fairly low for a PDGA event) This may change the scenario all together this time.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you would be surprised in the amount of rec players that will show up. This course was part of the EDGE program and gets used weekly if not daily by the PE class at soda high school. The PE coach was instrumental in getting the course installed. I really think if there were enough of you guys going that Jon would open up an intermediate division. If it did not happen I would choose to play Advanced instead of intermediate, but that is just me. I agree that rec to advance is a huge gap. I really think that an intermediate division will be formed.

Caleb Wolfe
mook

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, here Mook goes, being the devil's advocate again! Its pretty ridiculous that there isn't an Intermediate division offered to begin with as there were more Intermediates than Recs playing last year. Mooch, you official, you should know that in any PDGA tournament, if four or more people register for a division, the TD must offer this division. I am positive there are far more than four who want to play Intermediate.
English101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember Jon telling me over the phone that if there were 4 or more in the division registered that he would create it.

I could be wrong here, but I think we already talked about it. Do we need 4 PDGA members to make a division or just 4 entrants?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: