9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ace Race

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
English101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Ace Race Reply with quote

I just got an email from discraft about the registration process for the "ace race".

I know Eric talked about being a TD for this event, but if not I am sure that anyone could pick it up and do it. It would just be nice to get it on the calendar.

Here is a link to some info:
http://discgolfacerace.com/
staatsy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote

Thanks, Matt! I would still be interested in setting this up. I've been watching Discraft's website, waiting for the 2009 info to be up.

I guess the first thing to do would be decide on a date. I'd propose a Saturday. I'd like to avoid scheduling conflicts with Boise and Utah in hopes of maximizing interest. Also, location - I'm thinking Bengal with alt temporary tees. I think Austin mentioned he's held an Ace Race at Bengal before, so I might want to pick his brain and ask for temp tee suggestions as the date approaches.

It looks like Boise already is on the Ace Race calendar for Aug 16 (day after Freeman Park SIMS event). Southern Idaho Championship at Walcott is Sept 19-20, State Doubles in Boise is Sept 26-27, USDGC is Oct 7-10,

I'd propose a Saturday after the SIMS - Say, Sept 19, 26, Oct 3, 10, 17, 24. Looks like maybe Oct 3?

Let me know what you think.

Eric
English101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Oct. 3 would be great, but I am not opposed to other times. Just nice to stretch the tourney season as long as possible.

Begal would be a lot of fun, but you run the risk of losing some of the more "casual" crowd. Might also be fun to look at setting this up at sister city? (just a thought)

Happy to hear that you are in for this...I think it will be a lot of fun.
staatsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, since either no one seems to plan this far in advance, or they don't care, I am going to sign us up for an Ace Race on October 3.

I agree with you, Matt - if we want a larger turn-out, we should do this at a more high-profile course. I'm thinking Ross now - with several additional baskets and lots of alt tees. Reading up at the Discraft web-site, in order to get more of the "casual" players out, we should market this as an "event" as opposed to a tournament. I hope to get some additional sponsors and have lots of prizes and some alt events, side pots, etc.

Opinions?

Also, I figure any money made we can either (a) give to the club for funding Sister City - or will this be a moot point come October? or (b) give to a local charity.

Thanks!

Eric
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, here's how I am seeing this. It's not that we don't care when it happens, its just that we don't really care when it happens. You heard me.

Seriously though, this event is your baby. You do what you'd like as far as scheduling. (Now, if you try to schedule over my events at any given time, I will detroy you.) That being said, have at it. Oct. 3rd sounds great.

If you'd like to give procedes to the Sister City Cause, I would not be upset.

If the club can do anything to help, please let us know, and we'll do what we can.

I am really looking forward to this event.
staatsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

October 3rd it is! Hopefully, this will show up on Discraft's Ace Race Calendar in the next few days.

I'll probably ask for help with set-up, etc. as the date approaches.

Should be fun!

Can we list it under "Tournaments and Results" at the top of the page?

Eric
staatsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well wonderful. Looks like the Eastman Park Ace Race over in Buhl is now signed up on October 3. I'll make the switch to October 10.

I guess that's what I get for trying to coordinate and not step on any toes Smile

Eric
staatsy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocatello is now registered for a Discraft Ace Race on October 10, 2009 at Ross Park. More info to follow as the date approaches.

Thanks, all.

Eric

http://discgolfacerace.com/calendar.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: