10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Dyed Discs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
English101

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Custom Dyed Discs Reply with quote

I am in the process of perfecting my disc dying and have frankly run out of plastic.

If any of you have a disc or two that you would like a dye job done on, I would be willing to make a custom "Matt English" design of your choice. After having butchered several of my own discs and a couple of Kerry's (Sorry about the mess we made of your T-rex), I can with some confidence say that your disc will be fine.

For those of you interested I am sure I can find a perfect image of a mini-van so that you could all "Chuck the mini-van". I will even consider a happy meal box for mook if he wants it.

Champ plastic works best, but pro, star, and flx seem to work well too. I will post up a link to some pics so that you can have some idea of what type I have been doing.

You provide the plastic and tell me what you want, I will do my best to provide.

Hopefully this will get me through until it warms up.

Here is a link to some of the discs:

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff229/mnmenglish/Custom%20Discs/
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the firebird and leopard are my favorites. nice work Matt
novosel14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, could you do a soccer ball?
English101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Soccer Ball? Reply with quote

Blake,

I have a stencil to do one, I was thinking about doing one. It would work best on a clear or lighter colored disc so that the black would stand out. champ plastic would be best, star is next. If you want it on a star disc, yellow or white would be best. It would be fun, just let me know.

Last edited by English101 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
novosel14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a ogange champ and a clear champ for my little bro.... both have a double stamp so even if they dont work out it isnt a big deal.
novosel14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also... What about a New York Yankees logo?
ScottW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Plotter or Freehand? Reply with quote

Is it safe to assume that you are using a plotter for those dye designs or are you doing them freehand Question If you are using a plotter which one are you using and how much did you pay for it (if you don't mind my asking) Question I want to get a decent plotter for my dyes because I have no artistic ability at all. I have probably done a dozen discs, all freehand, but not much to brag about, though I did just do a really cool snowflake design that I used a plotter on (actually it was a Cricket scrapbooking cutter machine but who's asking Rolling Eyes ).
English101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

Let me answer a couple of different questions:

1. Blake, just bring me the disc, I can remove the stamp or stamps as the case may be...
2. A Yankee Logo would be pretty cool, I don't see any reason why it is not possible. (Probably a white or clear disc)
3. As to the plotter question, I have freehanded each of the discs, while I think it would be cool to have a plotter. Unfortunately, as you have already figured out, they are quite pricey. I have considered a couple that I have found on "Signwarehouse.com", but
I kind of like the idea of the "one of a kind" nature of the trusty old x-acto knife.

Blake, just get me the plastic and I can get started. It might be a few days before I can get to it. If you want the Yankee logo in dark blue, let me know. I can do red, yellow, orange, black, and blue dye.
novosel14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks Matt!!!
VALLEYMAN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Matt --Ben here. If anyone is interested my wife actually bought one of the plotters from signwarehouse and we can do about anything you want. Just Let me know if you are interested. I played around with one that I did the Utah Utes logo on. It turned out ok. Of course with the plotter and the vinyl it makes it almost like cheating to get the design you want.
English101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Plotter Reply with quote

Ben,

There are a few extremely intricate designs I would like to try with the plotter (stuff that I know I can't do with my trusty blades).

I would also say that doing some of the work with a plotter doesn't eliminate a lot of the work involved in dying a disc. There are still many other ways to screw it up...trust me.

Blake,

Do you have my address? It should be in the phone book, I think I just live a few blocks away on Butte.

Matt
novosel14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will bring them over sometime today
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, I've got some discs I'd like the Andre the Giant OBEY stencil on (I can provide the stencil). I'm taking some furlough time this Friday afternoon and am playing Bengal (assuming it's not 5 degrees and windy) any chance you can make it? Or I'll be at the courthouse tomorrow. Is your office in the annex?
English101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Obey... Reply with quote

The stencil sounds fun. I will see what I can do about Friday. It will depend on what I can get done between now and then. My office is actually over at 1070 Hiline (Behind WinCo). If you want to drop in, let me know so I can make sure I am not going to be at the county offices.
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no longer discin' on Friday. My family is finally joining the 80's and getting cable. I've got to be at home when they come install it.
Matt, any chance you can do Ross at lunch on Thursday?Otherwise there's no rush for me to get these things dyed so I'll just wait until we can get together for a round.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: