6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

December Club Meeting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think the club should raise its annual membership fees to allow for more club benefits?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Wazowski08

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to revive this post and remind everyone to come to the meeting. I would like to go over the plans I am proposing for next year regarding the Bag Tag Challenge, SIMS, and Leagues. See ya'll there.

Austin
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when is the meeting?

Caleb Wolfe
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The meeting is tonite at 6:00pm at Outer Limits. Possibly laser tag afterwards for all interested parties.
mook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It breaks my heart that I wasn't able to come and pass the torch! If anyone has ever encountered a broken bolt in their automobile, my heart bleeds for you too. Luckily, Brad Deffinger was around to save the day although not in time to make the meeting.

Here is what I would have said if I had been there,

"I have seen the disc golf community blossom in the 9 years I have been a member of the club and then die a little bit and then blossom stronger than ever. Right now is the stronger than ever part. It will continue to grow. Like I said before, disc golf in Pocatello isn't successful because of Mook. Those who were around when I was president in 2004 can attest to that. It is successful because of my supporting cast. Most particularly, Laura Merzlock, Lance Clark, Casey Locke, Austin Pettit, Mindy Clark, Kerry Hong, Mark Lansang, Caleb Wolfe, Randy Nordquist, Noah Hess, Matt English, Brady Belnap, Drew Nielsen, James Litchfield, Wendell Ashby, Troy Kase, Casey Kemmerer, Blake Novosel, Eric Staats, Mike Nielsen, Brad Merzlock, Mike Cummins, Mike Nielsen, Brad Deffinger, Collin Miller, and especially all of the new disc golfers that hit the fairways in 2008.

We held 10 tournaments this year all of which were successful and achieved their goals. We had 2 successful leagues thank to Troy Kase and have started a club savings fund for a Mink Creek Course. Although our successors didn't keep tabs on how many members we actually had, I would venture to say that we have doubled active members in one year. Community support was more than double than it has ever been. We also installed alternate pin placements (thanks to Lance and boy scouts) and had professional signs installed as well (thanks to Mindy and Lance). We installed two 9 hole courses at Lava Hot Springs. A great number of us are PDGA members now and represented the club at more events than ever! Most of all, and what I will remember the most, is playing with any of you out on the course throwing drives, making jokes, and just loving the game.

I can't wait to see you all at future events and I will definately let you know when I am in town so we can play in the future. See you at the tournaments! I wish the new club officers all the success in the world!"

Please let me know how the meeting went ASAP!
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we didn't have any formal minutes taken, here are the nitty gritty details of what we all went over last night.

1) I was voted (by default) the 2009 president
2) Matt English is the 2009 Treasurer
3) SIMS will continue
4) We are trying a Bag Tag Challenge this year (details to come)
5) Ross Park League will continue beginning in April
6) We are designing a club logo for shirts, discs, hats, etc.
7) We are working on selling hole sponsorships at Ross and for a new course at Sister City
8) Club prices and fees will be raised this next season. Membership will now cost $20 and will include a bag tag.

I think that is most of the news. We had something like 17 - 20 people attend the meeting. We ate pizza.

Lastly, I want to say thanks again to Lance, Mindy, Mook, and Laura for all of their hard work and time.

Austin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: