6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's So Funny???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: What's So Funny??? Reply with quote

Hey! I just wanted to throw out a post to hear of a few funny experiances people have had playing a round of Disc Golf.

Mine was about 2 weeks ago at walcott. Hole #6. I tee'd off and threw about 200 feet to have the 20 MPH winds blow my disc 100 feet behind me and to the right. As frustrated as i was at the moment, i now laugh so hard at the event! hahaha
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good idea for a post. I think i wrote about this instance on the forum somewhere else a few years ago, but i'm not sure so here it goes...

Once upon a time when i was a far less skilled player, i had a very interesting throw. I was at Condon Park in Grass Valley, CA when i threw an approach from about 80-100ft. out that went straight up about 20 ft. too high. (It was a backhand with a heavy shark). I was cursing the fact that i threw it so bad when the disc hit a 4 inch thick, 10ft. long, dead oak tree branch. The disc broke the branch clean off of the tree and somehow fluttered down into the basket for one of the most entertaining par saves i have ever thrown.

I will never forget that throw. It was on hole 8. In the C placement for those who have seen the course. If not, this a link to a slideshow of the course: http://pickyourdisc.com/Courses/MoreInfo_Condon.htm
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another funny shot i had at Condon park was when i threw straight into the first tree on hole one about ten feet in front of the tee box with my old Discraft X2. back when i was throwing one disc only. I picked it up and threw a forehand that skipped into the basket for a birdy. my bros all had much nicer drivers and they all parred.

Hole 1 in the A placement. If you look at it in the slideshow you can see its short, but there are so many trees its almost completely blind.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with my brother Rob in CA when he threw a 250ft. shot in Rocklin, CA on hole 3 that a hit a giant oak and with the help of the wind rolled all the way back behind the tee box about 10 ft. away.

So basically it rolled backwards over 250ft. Granted it was winter on hard dirt. It was still pretty amazing. Every time the disc was about to flip over and lay down the wind would keep it up
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my buddie threw his drive behind him not once, but twice. One of the instances was on Hole 12 alternate at Bengal. He lines up and wangs his driver right into the tree directly behind the tee box. I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard. Days later, even he was laughing about it.

Another cool story came from Bengal years ago. My buddy Matt Rude lays up from the fairway on 11 and his shot hits the back wall. As many of us know, hitting the back wall on 11 is an ulcer waiting to happen. His disc starts rolling towards and then tips over the edge. But just ass it starts to fall, the wind kicks up and blows it back up onto the wall.

Cool idea Noah.
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the funniest thing I've seen came care of our President at the one-disc challenge, on hole 4 at Ross.Casey K & Austin were there to verify this is true.

It was a snowy day so the t-box was rather slippery. Mook's feet slipped and his first drive went into that tree at about 1:00. His disc ended up about 5 feet dead behind the trunk. For his approach, he mutters something about saving a 4, and then procedes to throw his roc straight into the trunk, the roc shoots straight back at him, he does a ninja jump backwards with his legs spread (to avoid being hit by his disc), and the disc ends up lying about 4 feet back from where he started. Best of all, he still saved the 4.
Noah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why she laughed so hard, but Kristie Jo and my experiance on hole 8 at Ross park was funny! I tee'd off with a heizer to the right over the trees. As my disc came down it sat solid on a branch. after 20 minutes of throwing discs, water bottles ect... at the tree and disc. Kristie Jo decided to throw my entire bag full at the one stuck disc. My bag then sat on the same branch 20 feet above my head. Her dad came with a pole saw to snag and pull my bag and discs down. HAHAHAHAHA
kerry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance in a back brace throwing rollers only @ Halloween 2 years ago because tragedy + time = comedy.
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: mark Reply with quote

Mark hitting and exploding a certain ball on top of a certain pole @ ross #5 old alt tee. perfect shot.

Kerry landing his first real disc in a truck bed @ freeman
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up at the UofI campus course, there's this short hole that has a building running along the right side of the fairway. My buddy took a Raven that we found at the hardware store 20 minutes earlier and skipped it off the wall for a chain out. The scenario was thick with irony.
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: ace Reply with quote

one time at league someone took the ace pot and skipped town.
fiya79

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: doubles Reply with quote

At the I.F. doubles tournament I only putted 3 times. I missed 2 of them.

One time Mindy accidnetally hit kaya in the face with a drive. she had to suspend her round to provide first aid. But I was having a good round so I finished before we took Kaya in for x-rays. It was only 2 holes though. OK so that wasn't funny. but according to Kerry it will be funny soon.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my old track buddies took some beginners out to Bengal Ridge a few years ago... big mistake. He was standing on the right side of the hole 3 tee box when someone held onto a backhand too long and let go of it right into his face. It broke his nose and he had to get surgery. The funny part was that they looked for the disc for an hour after the fact and still couldn't find it. They lost the disc. crazy
kerry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, tragedy + time = comedy does not apply to children... I'm not a total monster.

Let me tell more about losing my first disc. Hole 8 @ Freeman. Using a shark (possibly a cheetah) to drive. RHBH that turned over and landed in the back of a moving utility truck. My son and I ran after the vehicle. Alas, we did not catch it and they never called me. Such an auspicious start to DG career.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: