10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WOW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novosel14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: WOW Reply with quote

Adam and I were at Ross Park toady on hole 8. We saw the two guy in front of us pick up a random disc. After we finished the hole a group of 5 or 6 walked over were the disc was sitting and they asked us if we had seen it. I told the people the two guys had it. They went up to the guys car and they denied they even seen the disc and just drove off, I couldnt belive what I just saw! I dont think they were club members, but if they were thats way messed up guys. If that would have happened to me shit would have went down! Sorry, I just had to post this cause it is way messed up and Im pretty pissed about what I just saw!
tkase

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite positive it was NOT a club member. People that join this club are much too interested in promoting the game not giving players a bad name. Ther are certainly many members that are taking offense to any insinuation that it might have been them that did this.

On a more positive note, the club could be a promoter of ethics. This could happen with flyers on various topics such as taking garbage out and returning discs to their owners.
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: It was me Reply with quote

OK I did it. sometimes I just see a disc that I want so bad and BAM. I take it. I don't care if it is a recently lost disc or if it is in an unattneded bag. I am so weak.
I just can't afford $3 to buy a disc off of trader Casey. And you know how I love to lie.

Also I am responsible for the preternatural Prophylactic proliferation in the proximal plants.

Also I dug the mud pit in front of #6 to injure the competition.

Also I feed miracle grow to the bush growing up into the #6 basket.

Also I lowered the tree that hangs over #9 and painted the dead branches sky blue.

And I am working on changing the rotation of the earth to better suit my game.

No seriously. I don't think any club member would harm the park/course/sport. I'm sure captain novosel wasn't implying such.
novosel14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only hoped this was not a club member. I made this post cause I was mad about it, not to insulte any club members! Like I said I was mad about this and wanted to vent it out. If I did insulte you I realy dont care! I was talking about someone stealing a disc, if you get offeneded by that I could care less.
feit11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't believe blake was calling out club members. he was simple saying that if it was a club member that that was a dumb move because you will be seen again. These two kids were straight up dirt bags. Lance we all know that you like to joke around but blake was just letting some steam out. I don't even think he wanted a reply from anybody. Lesson is keep an eye out for your discs and don't trust random people.
mook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance is just being a cyber bully again. He knows you didn't accuse a club member.

It brings up a good point though. The quality of disc golf ethics in this city is declining. You shouldn't have to be a club member to "do the right thing". Beer cans everywhere, trojans on the ground, stolen discs, and throwing while people are still on the hole. At league a month ago I forgot a disc on hole #1 and it wasn't there when I checked at the end of the round. I didn't get any call.
fiya79

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: yup Reply with quote

I was tyring make a joke then to agree with blake.

I also agree with brandon. except for the trojans part. That is probably a different user demographic.

and what bugs me:
Every time I go to throw away my tall boy and the trash can is full I curse those dirty rednecks that came before me to fill the tiny trash cans. I am just glad that I can throw far enough to get my trash deep into the trees where it belongs, not on the course.
staatsy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Sad state of affairs Reply with quote

This is a sad story that Blake has posted. It kind of goes along the lines of the discussion of drinking/smoking up at tourneys - a few people that give the sport a bad rap. I know no one that posts on this board would think of doing this. I had hoped that the general public would be kind enough not to do this type of thing - I must be too optimistic.

I like Brandon's idea of posting a flyer(s) at the courses listing some disc golf etiquette. Put them on every-other tee sign post for a little while. They could cover things like picking up trash, what do do if you find someone else's disc, letting quicker groups play through, waiting to throw until the lead group is off the hole, making sure it is safe to throw, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: