7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One Disc To Rule Them All
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: One Disc To Rule Them All Reply with quote

I had an idea for a fundraiser tournament I would be willing to throw together, but wanted some input from the club...

The One-Disc Challenge-- Which one disc can rule them all?

How it?ll work? On the morning of the tournament you choose your one disc. After that, you are committed to use that disc and only that disc for 18 holes at Bengal, and 18 at Ross (A&B pin placements).

Proceeds could go towards baskets for a new course or some local charity. I would be willing to run it, but never having run a tournament or scrounge up prizes I would like some suggestions. I was thinking of buying some cfr rocs for like the first 3 finishers? What do people think? Is it too late in the season to throw together a tourney? Is the club actively pursuing any new courses?
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool idea!!!! and i want one of those rocs
tkase

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: One Disc Tourney Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong with a late season tourney if you are trying to find a time to hold it. A November tourney could be fun.
fiya79

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: my boss Reply with quote

my boss is out of town so new course discussions are on hold far a few weeks but it is on the to do list for the parks dept and me.
mook

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

September and October have plenty of open dates
ScottW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Garden City Flyers have been doing One Disc Wonder Rounds for a long time and I think I am going to run one in Post Falls or Coeur d'Alene where we will only be playing for bag tags. ODW rounds/tourneys are a lot of fun and are a great club activity, I doubt, however, that you'd be able to get any fancy CFR Rocs for a tourney of this nature. My dad was able to get CFR Destroyers and CFR STAR Ontario Rocs for the Farragut Open that he ran last April but in order for him to have been eligible for the CFR discs he had to purchase a certain amount of tournament stamped discs (125 discs if I remember right, 25 of 5 different models for players pack discs). I think you have to order no less than 100 tournament discs in order to be able to get the CFRs then you have to order at least 25 of each model. I could be wrong on all this though so look into it, let me know if you can get some CFR Rocs. I would say though that if you have never run any tournament or league of any kind to start small, keep it low-key. Good luck and have fun, great idea Exclamation

Here's the link to the latest GCF ODW round and the discs they used:
http://forum.gardencityflyers.org/viewtopic.php?t=863
staatsy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 3 CFR champ rocs have already been purchased. I don't think it's meant for this to equate to players packs - just the pay out for the top three spots.

I'm sure you're aware, but you can purchase CFR discs at most online retailers. That's where I got my champ destroyer and champ xcal.

Eric
ScottW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very well aware of where you can buy CFR discs. If you want to pay $20-30 for a disc than you can get one almost anywhere but if you want to pay wholesale then you have to order from Innova, my dad paid $5 each for the CFR Destroyers and STAR Ontario Rocs from Innova because of his tourney disc order and the fact that he was using the CFR discs to raise money, that's all. So if you want to get them for that price than you have to go that route, if you only want a few then get them where ever and pay as much as you want for them.
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Disc to Rule Them All!!! The Pocatello One-Disc Challenge

This is NOT an ace race. Rather this is a test of your skill to maximize your playing, while limited to using the same one disc for all shots (drives, approaches, & putts) over a variety of difficult conditions (Ross & Bengal). On the morning of the tournament you choose your one disc. After that, you are committed to play with that disc and only that disc for 18 holes at Ross (A&B pin placements), and 18 at Bengal (A tees).

General Information
..Tournament will be held Saturday, October 11th, regardless of weather.
..All tees will be played in their normal position
..Maximum 50 Entrants
..PDGA Rules (Please Bring A Mini-Marker)
..Registration Starts at 9:00 am @ Ross Park
..Play Starts At 10:00am @ Ross Park
..There Will Be A 1 Hour Lunch Break Between Rounds

Divisions and Registration Fees
..I?m Good (typically close to or under par) $10
..I?m No Good (typically score over par) $10

Payout
This tournament is a fund raiser for the Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club to build more local courses. However, you probably need a reason to play aside from being able to claim that your disc is the best disc of all. Thus, I am throwing in some prizes, worth well-over the price of admission.

The top 3 players in each division will be able to choose a disc from a tempting pile of plastic including CFR Champion Rocs and CFR Champion Xcalibers.

Optional Events
There will be optional 4 CTP contests (2 am & 2 pm) and an Ace Pot contest. All optional events require an additional $1 each ($5 total) to enter. Optional events pay out in cash. If there are no aces during the day, there will be a CTP contest from hole 10 to hole 1 at Bengal Ridge to determine the winner of the ace pot.

This is the first tournament I?m throwing. Hopefully we?ll be able to make this an annual thing and eventually come up with a players pack, but for now, your playing for glory and your chance at some nice CFR discs.
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: awesome Reply with quote

there is a 50/50 chance I will have to work this day but...

I have to say that this is awesome. thanks to magpieguy for picking up this idea and gettting it done.
sometime innova runs cfr specials. I'll keep looking.
English101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Still on? Reply with quote

Is this event still on? Will there be multiple divisions? Entry fee? etc....
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Matt, yeah this is still on. There are two divisions (I'm good; I'm no good), each with a $10 entry fee. The details are on the calendar page or in an above post.

It should be a pretty fun, casual tournament. Hopefully a windy day. I'm thinking of throwing a Viper.

Anyway, I'll be putting up flyers this week and using one of the SIMS e-mail distribution lists to send ya'll some spam.

Mook, can you bring your CTP markers?
mook

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, so far I have on my list:

1 Basket Key
2 CTP Markers
1 Champ Roc
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm scheduled to work next saturday even though i asked for it off like 3 weeks ago. i was pissed when i found out. i tried, tried and tried some more to get out of it but it looks like i'm probably going to be at Ace wearing a frown during the one disc challenge. theres still a slim chance i'll be there, but it's doubtful. i am soooo mad about this.

if i don't see you there... good luck.

and i think a champ firebird or an xcal should rightfully win it, but i don't know if anyone else would opt to throw one of those
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I figure, since this event hasn't happened here in recent memory, some obsurd trash talk may be in order. (No one has any tournament rounds to prove me wrong yet.)

In that regard, all of you Buzz lovers out there are going to be pissed when I beat you with a Wasp. I'm looking forward to the sad faces of anguish, only now realizing that they were so wrong to throw the Buzz for so long.

Anyone want to prove me wrong?

Austin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: