7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boss
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novosel14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Boss Reply with quote

Soccer Rockers on tuesday will have around 20 of the Dave Feldberg signature Champion Boss. I talked to Brad today, he said they were going to send them out this week but he will not get them till tuesday(closed monday).
staatsy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, Blake, you must've been reading my mind. I was going to say that the Boss is up on Innova's website now:

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/championBoss.html

From a lot of the descriptions I've read on-line, I expected this to be more like a faster Wraith. I was a little surprised that it's in the same column (stability-wise) as the Destroyer. It's ratings are the same as a Wraith, just faster. Destroyer is rated with more fade.

I don't really need a new driver, as I love my Destroyer and Xcal. But I'd love to throw one of these.

Eric

Last edited by staatsy on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
mook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't get consistency on the Boss's flight. I have heard they can be anywhere from X-Cal stability to Roadrunner.

The club has also ordered Boss's and will be available by the Halloween Haunt.
staatsy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read about the flight inconsistency issue relating to the first run discs, but I wonder if they corrected it or if it's still there?
ScottW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those flight characteristics are interesting as the original numbers that I heard were 13 4 0 4, a bit more like the Destroyer. I don't think I'll get one for the bag but will probably get a couple FIrst Runs to sit on. I like the XCal too much for way overstable and I prefer the TeeRex over the Destroyer for straight bombs, I find the TeeRex to be more high speed stable.
novosel14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boss is in and he has now under 20. They are the first run so they have the Innova star. It is way bad, Im still kinda new to this but I through forehand on alt 2 and alt 3 and got my first birdies on those two holes. Drove right to the basket, most distance I have seen from myself.
mook

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a USDGC Boss that Black Jax gave me as a present. I'm just staring at thinking "should I throw it or put it on my wall". It has the 2008 USDGC stamp on it.
Noah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also bought a Boss Today! Mook, you gotta throw it atleast once. I agree, it has the potential for makings of a great disc. In my hands, it makes a flight pattern like a destroyer and wraith with better distance. Less fade than an Xcal. Has anyone else thrown it yet?
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: BOSS Reply with quote

the club has 20 bosses (or is it bossi?) on the way too. BUt any support for Brad at soccer rockers is great.

I threw Kerry's yesterday, twice. it seemed fast and glidey. I think after a month or two of break in it could easily be my go-to disc for distance. I never thought the destroyer was faster than the wraith for me but the boss in my very very limited testing was further each time, though the data set was small enough to void the true results my wallet will likely not get the message and empty itself soon.
staatsy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Well crap.... Reply with quote

I had all but convinced myself that I didn't need another distance driver (Boss)...until Kerry showed up at Bengal today with a couple of them. Threw a 172 that acted like a slightly more stable, faster destroyer. I managed to over-shoot 16. That thing comes out so fast....

Does the club have their Boss order in yet? Will they be available prior to the haunt?

Eric
fiya79

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: the club ordered some a while back Reply with quote

the club's order is in transit. It does not appear that it will make it in the next 12 hours. it includes 20 bosses 172-175 the only weight available.
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: discs are in Reply with quote

as you may have read on another thread the discs are in about 15 bosses are left. I still haven't thrown the one I got. 172 orange. but it looks cool. I like orange. is anyone throwing theirs? how is it going. can I just take the wraith out of the bag?

james I got you a 175 purple champ firebird x-out. it is sweet.
mook

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got to throw mine either. Anyone want to go out and play Bengal today, tomorrow, or Friday and give it a try?
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm being lazy with this post. There's no way I'm even looking at a boss. Give me a girly 168g road runner any day.

However, I've got $16 in PVDGC bucks I wanted to cash in. Does the club have 2 175g KC Aviars it could set aside for me?
Noah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mook, I must correct myself. Please check the ebay price on your PDGA stamped Boss before you throw it. I have an extra one will lend you if you wanna throw one! HAHAHA The last number I saw was just over $100. I just checked again, it is now at $200 for a PDGA stamped Boss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: