10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIMS predictions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gripnrip

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: SIMS predictions Reply with quote

Let's hear your SIMS predictions and why. Here are mine.

Womens- Mindy Clark
Not exactly going out on a limb here.

Am- Mark Lansang. He has steadily been getting better and should finish in the top two in the Adv. division next year.

Adv- This has been a fun division to watch, there a good number of guys who could beat anyone else in there division (and often times the open players too) on a given day. It comes down to four guys. Lance Clark, Kerry Hong, Austin Pettit, and Blake Novosell. These guys have really stepped it up this year and are all in the top ten players in SE Idaho. However, Blake will take it this year and he'll do it at bengal in the final event of the year.

These guys in my opinion should all bump to open in area tourneys next year, It would make for an awesome open division. You get better faster by playing with players who push you.

Open- This person will be crowned the best disc golfer in SE Idaho. There are four guys who seem to be a step above the rest in this area. They are James Litchfield, Caleb Wolf, Brad Deffinger, and Paul Noesen.
Each of these guys has the ability to go off and smoke the pack, Like Paul did in Walcott, Like James does at Bengal Ridge, Like Caleb did at IF and numerous othe places, Like Brad did at....... Ummm.... wait a minute, nothing really comes to mind right now. Hmmm, well I just think he's good.

It could be James because he can throw precision long distance drives forehand and backhand a long ways. He has a legitmate throw for every situation except possibly the roller. His puttin can be really good although sometimes streaky. If James played in all the tournys I may have picked him, but he didn't so he's out.

It could be Paul. This dudes improvement has been meteoric. He is one of three playes I know who's game has improved so much so fast. He is one of three players in SE Idaho who with practice could play legitimately on the pro tour nationally. I haven't seen him play enough to fairly compare him however.

I could be Brad if he can focus on his game. If he gets his overhand back and decides on a driver he'll be tough. He doesn't win because of his drives or approaches, he wins because of his putting. The best putter in SE Idaho.

I could be Caleb. He is the top ranked player in the state and when he practices is almost untouchable. He definately could play open anywhere anytime. If you have ever beaten Caleb at a tournament (not just league) you are good. If you have ever beaten Caleb at two tournaments in a row... you are ethereal, otherworldly, and awesome.

This year the best player in SE idaho will be either Brad or Caleb.
novosel14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell Yea!!! All you BOYS better watch out for this disc golf MONSTER to come out at Bengal!!! Or should I say the crowning of the best disc golfer in the universe!!! Brandon just have the Advanced trophy say DISC GOLF MONSTER BLAKE NOVOSEL(thats one L not two!!!)...thats me of course if you didnt read the post above. Im almost to one year experience and I own SEI Disc Golf!!! Oh and Feit is about to go pro so all better watch out for the Prince of SEI Disc Golf Adam Feit on the pro circut!!!
mook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already had it made Blake. Just like I already have my Open Divison Trophy made.
novosel14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and maybe you can make a mini of my trophy for the prince Adam...
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, we should totally start a SIMS Fantasy League next year. You make a team of people from every division (one or two from each), then you earn points by the points they earn and the spots they finish in. I mean, if our little series is good enough for "predictions", then we could totally do a fantasy league.
novosel14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in 100% In fact I say we have a draft and all that fun stuff!
feit11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what would be the point. The "Monster" and the "Prince" would sweep it all. It wouldn't even be a contest since we are staying in the same divisions for next year. And Mook make my trophy in white gold.
gripnrip

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be fun to do a fantasy league, but even if not keeping stats is really cool. At the IF league Richard Kaufman kept awesome stats that go back for several years. I still get out my old stats and see how I have improved in some areas and not in others. It is nice to be competitive in golf especially in the open division, but I think my favorite thing is trying to beat my personal best in any given area and keeping stats is the only way to do it.

I used to watch Brandon Merzlock and Brady Belnap keep written or digital records of their rounds and thought it was a little too serious for me, now I really wish I had done it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: