9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Ace-hole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Bragging Rights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Favorite Ace-hole Reply with quote

Lance

But really...

I hard a sweet ace run yesterday @ Freeman #12. I threw my black putter left to right. It splashed the chains, cut right through and rolled down the hill and went OB in the road. I missed the putt and took a bogey. After that punishment, #12 Freeman Park will be extra sweet when I do get it.
mook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an ACEHOLE!
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

It took me a while to figure out why my name was on your post. I guess my thoughts are just that pure all the time.

I think I have hit #4 basket at ross park from every direction, except in. I totally deserve that one soon. and #2 original pin is going down soon now that that tree is gone.

I don't know if I have a favorite ace hole. All of them at ross park are sweet. at bengal I'd really like to get #6. walcott- 11. at freeman- 1 and 2 (I'm usually closer to #2). at lava - 3. at creekside- 18. at driggs- 18. at targhee- 2. at blackfoot- 7. at american falls that one that plays downhill into the gully. any ace is a good one though.
gripnrip

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hole 12 at freeman is one of the best all around holes I have ever played and here's why.
1. Everyone can reach it, there is the possibility for an ace on this hole for anyone.
2. While aceable it would be extremely difficult. I know of it only being done once.
3. The two trees that are slightly less than half the way down the hole make for a true fairway, (a rarity in S.E. Idaho golf).
4. Every conceivable throw can be attempted on this hole hyzer, anhyzer, tommy, thumber, roller, baseball bullet, forehand backhand, anything. And they all have about the same chance.
5. The trees encircling the hole make for a singe legitimate entrance to the basket.
6. The basket being placed on the berm or slight elevation at the end of the hole makes for a lot of uphill putt as well as difficult putts from the treeline.
7. The trees act as a barrier to drives that come in too hot and could go into and across the road. This is an important aspect of course design in that you want to keep discs away from cars, parking lots, roads, paths, and other park users where possible.
8. Most importantly, the risk to rewand factor on this hole is extremely high. How many of you have went for that birdie puttonly to roll down the backside into the road and take a 5?

By the way this hole is the signature hole of Freeman. The back 9 was designed around this very hole.
Thanks for listening. Would you like to know the signature holes for the other SE Idaho courses and why?
myko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think soda springs hole number 7.......is deffinately ace-able......you would have to snake a forehand around the junipers but i believe it could be done .......oh wait i already did it
myko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait i mean hole 6 Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Bragging Rights All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: