9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Portnuef Valley DGC or East Idaho DGC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mook

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Portnuef Valley DGC or East Idaho DGC? Reply with quote

I was thinking about the club and the vastness of what we cover regionally here in Idaho. Disc golf has been around for quite awhile in Idaho with the club mainly running tournaments, but there are some others not associated with us who run events in Idaho Falls and those who put in courses not associated with us like Soda Springs.

But the majority of what happens on this side of the state is run through the PVDGC. So, my question is, why are we only the Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club and not the East Idaho Disc Golf Club? I would very much like to extend this club out and work hand in hand with those not associated with us so that they and us can combine efforts and double the output.

Idaho Falls has been around a long while with no real organization there, so the play there has been limited to a league and a bunch of casual players.

This is what I would like for the future (near or far). Rename the club to the East Idaho Disc Golf Club or something like that. We could even have a cool mascot, like the East Idaho Chain Bangers or something. Still elect a president and a treasurer, but then have a club representative throughout East Idaho disc golf cities. Idaho Falls, Blackfoot, Lava, Soda, American Falls. Then the club can work hand in hand with all those cities to up the level of disc golf on our side of the state.

If you think about it, this really isn't a big change, we are justing changing our name and efforts to what we are mostly already doing.

What do you guys and gals think?
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

I am all in favor of a bigger umbrella/name. I always thought it was odd tha IF doesn't have a bigger pool of serious players or an organization. Freeman park is so nice. I guess the real obstacle is getting hte folks in the outlying areas to buy in.
discgolfidaho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: good thought Reply with quote

I think it would be great to expand the scope of the club. I just rejoined the PVDGC, to take advantage of this message board to promote the Soda Springs project. It's great to hear that things are moving forward for Massacre Rocks and now for Lava.

Once the Soda Springs course is open, I know a perfect person to be a club liaison for that area. With disc golf being taught as a regular part of the curriculum in all the schools there, from K-12, both in the fall and spring, there will be many kids and by natural order, families that are going to be getting involved in the sport. They'll have a tournament quality course with adjacent amenities (pavilion, fields, etc) and have talked a lot about hosting events there. They are going to start DGU handicap leagues in the fall and that will get people stoked to play in other events.

As far as IF goes, I think that Richard Hoffman and Sean Rose ar the ones to contact.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its great to hear a non-Pocatellan express interest in this. Kerry Hong would be another great Idaho Falls rep, unless he wants to vie for an club officer position. I've got a good contact in A.F. who might be interested. Jon, Blackfoot?

Imagine what we could accomplish as a whole. Course work days every month not just in Pocatello. Let's get those Blackfoot baskets standing up straight. Let's get out and help Jon finish up Soda, install Lava, Massacre Rocks, Mink Creek. Another course in I.F? Club sponsored clinics, leagues, tournaments. More Tournament Directors, more events, more sponsorship, more PDGA, more players, more pros, more media.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: