9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing a course

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Installing a course Reply with quote

I hear lots of discussion in many areas for ideas on course installation. I am curious about a number of happenings that are going on down there and I am also curious to just hear other people's opinions. With the new courses that are going in at Lava and Soda Springs I am curious if anyone can tell me what the predominant funding source is (i.e. private donations, city, county, other) Question Was Ross Park funded completely by the Park and Rec. Dept Question How much does one of those brick tee pads cost Question I am sure with those they were probably installed on volunteer labor but am just curious how many bricks are needed and what the dimensions are. What is your preferred teepad surface (cement, brick, rubber, dirt, etc) Question Just trying to get ideas to pass along to my friends in Missoula who are looking for ideas and I am trying to get ideas in case I try to present a course idea in the Post Falls/Spokane Valley area. There are two really great areas locally that seem like they would easily hold 18 holes. I am not sure how the Spokane Valley feels about a disc golf course, though it is badly in need of one, but the Park and Rec. director in Post Falls seems pretty interested in improving the one we currently have and it would be interesting to see if he would go for another one. Any help/ideas/opinions would be appreciated.
fiya79

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: course info Reply with quote

The funding thus far has been parks and rec. We have maybe $3000 into it. The donation box has brought in a few hundred. sponsors are in for $200 per hole. I have some sponsors lined up but don't want to get cash until the signs are ready and they actually get something for ther donation.

the bricks were donated by farm bureau insurance when they tore out landscaping. (randy lined it up) A scout troop installed some of the pads and got the materials doanted. randy and other club members did the rest and bought the wood frames etc.

I like rubber pads usually, but i'm wondering about durability based on some I have seen. plus they are expensive.
brick is classy to me. the dyed numbers are cool. it plays pretty well.
concrete is OK
blackfoot gravel is my last choice just ahead of dirt/natural.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: