9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chick-fil-A Riverpark Open June 14 &15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBull

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Chick-fil-A Riverpark Open June 14 &15 Reply with quote

I would like to invite Southern Idaho down to join us for our first PDGA B-Tier event. There will be good players packs, food from Chick-fil-A, lots of added cash to the open divisions and good payouts in the am divisions. We will be offering the Recreational division as well as catering to the womes divisions. The Open division winners will get "champion rings" (14 Karat Gold).

I am not the TD this year, but I am helping in alot of aspects. It will be as good as event as we have ever thrown. I read the comments about another event that some of you attended in Utah (I wasn't there so I cannot comment). I created the Riverpark Open to be a family friendly, rule following, high value event for all divisions. It is my intention to see that it stays that way. We are going to have our title sponsor there all weekend, so behavior that puts disc golf in a negative light will not be tolerated.

We are hoping to get online registration up at www.nudga.org this week. Hope you all can attend this year.

Thanks,
Rob Bullen
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: N utah Reply with quote

I have to say that the northern utah guys seem like a good bunch. I do not think they were part of the problem at creekside. Kerry has played this event and really likes it. Casey also went down last year.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I am planning on playing in the Riverpark Open. Last year was the only year I missed. My only request would be, in the future, to limit the amount of holes that are played to 18 per round. I just don't understand why Utah disc golfers have to cram as many holes as possible into a two day tournament. Why is 36 holes per day not enough?
RobBull

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally we only had 13 permanent holes, so we set up the 5 temp holes around the city building. When we expanded to 18 perm holes we stopped playing the temps for the Riverpark Open. At least 20+ people complained and wanted to play the temp holes. So last year we did 22 holes and had over 90 players. The reason why we are doing the extra hols is a) Many people think the 4 temp holes are our best holes and like to play them. b) It allows us the ability to let more people into the event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: