9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ross Park Evening League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discgolfHER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to her that the is another brave, outgoing lady out there in a male dominate sport.
How long has you wife been playing?
My daughter and her husband were her today and we were outside throwing frisbees. I can't believe how uncoordinated she is.
I laughed every time she threw it.
Guess that is what she gets for being a girly girl growing up.
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: male dominated indeed Reply with quote

she is 26, for the third year in a row now. We have been playing for about 4 years, I think. Our first few years we played a lot of driver on;y- single disc games for fun. we've owned putters for about 2 years and midranges for 1. I take it much more seriously than her, but she is pretty good when she is on. we practice deiving at a baseball field about once a week because it is close to our house. we putt in the backyard occasionally and I am usually the P-I-G.
For discs:
She throws a 150 dragon or a 147 wraith unless there is a headwind. then she has a 161 teerex or 167 wraith. She putts with a JKX and uses a panther midrange mostly.
Unlike a like of throwers she has a decent forehand and backhand. Back problems ahve prevented her from really stepping up to advanced but she's better than her rating.
She wishes that I not post her max driving distance.

Drew's wife (also named Mindy, I think) Brandon's wife (laura or lora?) and sometimes Austin's wife (I have no Idea, he just calles her "Snookims or "sugar" in front of me) wife play too, mostly at fun tournaments or as a family night out from what I gather.

Boise has a decent female disc following, but I don't know much about them.
discgolfHER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I exchange e-mails with one of the females in Boise...Carla
I haven't meet her yet in person but we are planning on getting together for a game.

It is nice to see husbands/wives play together. I wish my husband was a disc golfer but for now I will have to settle for mother/daughter
which is great also. My daughter is 22 and my son thinks I am weird for wanting to play disc golf. He says it is for the younger generation.
I beg to differ.

I haven't tried many discs yet but what I have I like my Cobra. I have a few in different weights.

I throw in my backyard. 3 acres comes in real handy.
Over the weekend I beat my record and threw several frisbee 200ft.
It was pretty exciting.
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindy played with Charla last year at a tournament. Charla is pretty good. She can throw 225-300 ft.

I wish we could get our moms into disc golf. We have tried but they aren't very athletic.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom and dad play with us on the holidays and they are 59. They aren't the best but they always have a lot of fun. My dad always wants to put money on the game and sometimes for risky shots. I wish they would go out and play on their own time but they're both pretty busy people.
mook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom don't dance and my daddy don't rock and roll....

Hey, why has the trash talking stopped. I believe I was accurate last week when I said the money would go right back in my pocket? Maybe not all the money, but I will guarantee that James shows up tonight, I will be licking my lips when I see that Jimmy Johns sandwich and his $5.

Looks like a nice day outside too...lets set another record for attendance tonight!
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will be there and if i were you i wouldn't get your hopes up
drewpy101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooo!!!! I am getting sick of SAMMACHAS!!!!!

James gets more skinny every time I see him. Maybe we should let him win a sammach, cause they are soooo gooood.

For two weeks in a row, I have traveled from Ross park to Jimmy john's to have a nice meal before bed. It makes for sweet closure to the night.

Though this last time, I took food from my own flesh and blood....still....satisfying.
drewpy101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be sad when James moves away......we'll have to find someone new to pick on.....

It won't be the same though....I think he cares the most for those sandwiches.

Though he could buy his own with all the dough he takes home.

I notice he never talks about it......his winnings....he just quietly takes the money and walks away.....no thank you.....no waving the wad of money in our faces.

(sigh)..classy

ps if i ever win the mother load, you bet your sweet bottom......classy is out the window!!!
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i was driving around at about 8:10pm and was thinking of ways to level out the playing field at league night..... then i remembered i had an Ace Race disc in the back of my car so cruised by Ross Park to try out a theory i had. I decided to play a round at dusk with only the Ace Race disc.... and i was barefoot. I played a quick 9 holes and was 4 under. There was a little bit of light left so i decided i would run 9 holes barefoot with the Ace Race disc.... i ended up 2 under. I guess i'll have to keep coming up with new theories, but for now maybe i'll play barefoot next week.

Rnd #1:
Holes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Score 2 2 3 2 3 3 2 3 3

Rnd #2:
Holes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Score 3 3 2 3 3 2 3 3 3

I thought about putting this in the trash talking forum, but no one replies in that forum.

-James
mook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the results from week 3 of Ross Park Evening League. The weather was alot better but the scores weren't really amazing. Mark had us all by two strokes through the first 9 but lost it on the alternate pads. The late riser James came through in the end. It was between James, Mook, and Drew all within a stroke of each other but we all birdied hole #18 so James won by the skin of his teeth. Nice job James. We had 9 players again and are still getting new faces every week. Plus, we had our first lady come out this week! So, ladies, don't be scared to come. Thanks for playing!

Current Ace Pot: $25

Jimmy John's CTP Winner (Hole #6): Drew Nielsen (like 4 feet) on the alternate pin placement.

Raw Division

1. James Litchfield............................50 ($9)
2. Brandon Merzlock.........................51 ($4)
2. Drew Nielsen................................51 ($4)
4. Mark Lansang...............................54 ($2)
5. Lance Clark.................................58
5. Mike Nielsen................................58
7. Brad Merzlock..............................59
8. Mike Miller...................................60
9. Liz Merzlock.................................81

Handicapped Division

1. Mike Nielsen................................49.27 ($12)
2. Drew Nielsen...............................50.03 ($7)
3. Brandon Merzlock........................51.49 ($5)
4. Mike Miller...................................51.75 ($4)
5. Mark Lansang..............................52.03
6. James Litchfield...........................53.40
7. Lance Clark.................................55.09
8. Brad Merzlock..............................56.09
discgolfHER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, ladies, don't be scared to come ?? Ya Right
I am terrified to go to my first league but after I come once and get to know the ropes then I won't be scared anymore.
So where do they place the newbis? With other newbies or people more experienced?
My daughter and I don't know a whole lot but I guess leagues are to help teach us.
My daughter doesn't work on wednesday and it looks like the weather will be beautiful. so we might be there.
We don't have a marker and I read somewhere that we need one.
They don't sell them around here so I will have to order some.
I doubt we will have them by Wed.
Does someone have 2 extras they could lend us?
Or is there a place in Pocatello to buy some?
fiya79

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: leauge is all about learning Reply with quote

leauge is only as serious as you make it. someone will always loan you a mini marker, a disc or whatever you need. groups are divided in whatever way seems best. couples, friends or relatives can choose to play together or seperate. usually more experienced players are spread around so newer players can see how it is done and learn the rules. no one is going to give you a penalty stroke for misusing a mini. minis aren't really that important overall. it is only truly necessary when you are stuck in a tree, out of bounds, or need to re-use a disc.

see you wed if my class goes well, so maybe not.

Mindy
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might have a marker/ mini or two that you can have. i'll try to remember them.

-james
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a really bad memory so i found those two minis and just threw them in my bag so i wouldn't forget. you are welcome to keep them. i was given my first mini and its the least i could do.

-james
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: