6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ross Park Evening League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will bring my $5 to humor you. Although, it will only be out of my pocket for about an hour and a half.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...well hopefully everyone chatting it up on this forum can make it to league tonight. it should be fun. i'm interested to see this coyote and surge.

i'll bring my five dollars, but i expect to leave with it
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't let a little snow and wind scare you off
fiya79

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: good league Reply with quote

it was a good night to go to league. I played horribly, increased my handicap and still won money. conditions were cold, slightly windy and occasionally snowy.
I decided never to trash talk James on the forum. he has won raw score every time. Jerk.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like they say... i'm playin for that money like i need it.

i was bummed about the jimmy johns Drew got. it sounded good
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Ross Park Evening League Reply with quote

1st of all, taking disc golf advice from me is like taking musical advice from Paris Hilton or financial advice from Gary Coleman. Anyone who wishes to improve the status of their game take heed, lest ye fall down to Scrubby McScrubsville status.

2nd of all, having played discgolf unsuccessfully for 2 years AND completing 4 years of doctoral studies in clinical psychology without obtaining a degree, I?m at least as qualified to give advice as Dr. Laura Schlessinger (who's doctorate is in physiology) and Dr. Phil (who lost his license in Texas due to hiring a former client and allegations of sexual misconduct with her).

3rd all facts, figure, opinions on this page are subjective and have not been researched or verified (aside from the credentials of Laura & Phil). This is the internet. There's no Michael J. Fox proof reading my work in between cocaine binges and nights spent dancing in the Bright Lights Big City of 1980's New York.

4th if you're still reading this far, you're doomed. You may never be able to chuck a disc out of the woods, your drives may eat dirt, and your puts may hit the side of the basket and roll 80 feet.

Finally, my topic: Sports Psuedo-psychology
Having played some awefully bad game last night, I got lost in a depressive trance. I wondered about my remarkable ability to hit every tree before me, while attempting to get the frisbee thingy to go in the basket thingy instead. If you think about the physics of Ross Park, most of the space is empty space, not tree filled space. The trees aren't moving like electrons around a nucleus. This movement gives solid matter the illusion of being solid. If you imagined an atom to be the size of Holt arena, the nucleus would be a basketball at center court and the electron would be a ping-pong ball flying around really fast in the nosebleed seats. lots of space. Anyway, the trees pretty much stay where they are, except for that one that disappeared last year.

So my mental plan of action is to focus on the space and ignore the trees, imagine the line of flight I want my saucer to take and let her rip. I seem to remember something in school about our brains drawing your focus to objects, rather than emptiness, so our brains are wired to work against us. I promise to possibly post results of this experiment at some time in the future. Maybe.

5th We don't have a Karate Kid of discgolf but we need to stick it to Cobra Kahn!!! I elect Lance for giving the Boise boys a crane kick to the head last week.

6th the only way to throw is right-hand back-hand. Any other kind of throw is for sissies & commies. I don't care if you?re left handed (if that's what you're calling yourself these days).
mook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it! My brain has been working against me the WHOLE time!
Thanks for that wisdom Casey, and if the the whole "focusing on empty space" doesnt work out, you could try last nights strategy-cut down all trees with a disc...or two discs.

Thanks again for all who came to league! We gained in numbers despite the freezing temperature. When is it ever gonna get warm? Some pretty interesting play last night. Hole #3 created some exciting roller drama. I saw three but the coolest one was Lance's run for the basket from 80 (?) feet, almost going in and rolling down and accross the path. We had one disc closer to the gas station than the basket on Hole #5. We had Casey Kemmerer skim the chains (so close!) on Hole #8, and Casey Locke using his disc as a machete (if thats how you spell it) to get out of the woods.

Here are the results!

Drew won the Jimmy John's CTP on hole #5 about 20 feet away and it was won on the original tee.

There is now $16 in the Ace Pot!

RAW DIVISION

1. James Litchfield..............51 ($9)
2. Brandon Merzlock...........55 ($4)
2. Drew Nielsen.................55 ($4)
4. Lance Clark...................59 ($2)
5. Brad Merzlock...............60
5. Casey Kemmerer...........60
7. Mike Miller.....................61
8. Mike Niesen..................63
9. Casey Locke.................65

HANDICAPPED DIVISION

1. Mike Miller.....................51.30 ($12)
2. James Litchfield.............54.88 ($7)
3. Brandon Merzlock..........56.94 ($5)
4. Lance Clark...................58.03 ($4)
5. Brad Merzlock................60.00

....and 3 more players will have handicaps next week.

We will see you then, and bring some gooood weather!

Last edited by mook on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

League was a lot of fun and it wasn't as bad weather wise as i thought it was going to be.

A few corrections: I think Casey K. got chains on hole #7

and i'm sure Lance wishes he got $40 for fourth in handicap, but i think Mook just missed the shift key on accident that time and it was (4)
fiya79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: no, it was 40. Reply with quote

That was no typo. I won 4 for my score and ....... The guy by hole 5 contributed $30. Drew contirbuted $6 after I helped him on 8. I followed him into the bushes and gave him advice on puting his disc in the hole from deep in the woods safely. He's new to the game in many ways.

After that I was having trouble focusing and scored poorly for a while.
mook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear James,

I don't have any idea what your talking about.

Love,

Mook
drewpy101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMMM.....this sandwich is sooooo goood!!!!.....im eating it right now......Im not sure I can finish it.......mmmmm. I should bring the rest for league next week........sooo gooood!!!!

James, taking that from you was very rewarding....Im not going to lie.

Lance, thanks for the advice as always, though, you can have the STD back!!!
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm glad you enjoyed the sanny... i would have too. Crying or Very sad

not to take away from your enjoyment, but it was worse losing my same ctp twice in blackfoot. especially when i was parked the second time.

since i didn't get that jimmy johns i had to chew on my fingernails when my stomach started growling today Wink
drewpy101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya Blackfoot was hard on you. You fought hard for that.

Biting your nails for lunch....that makes me feel a little selfish....sooooo....um.....sorry....for that.
discgolfHER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any women out there in the wed night leagues?
My daughter and I live in Twin Falls and are heading to Boise on Wed for our 1st disc golf lessons. We are wanting to try out some leagues at different courses.
As soon as we get the hang of it, we are going to be making the trip over there.
Can't wait to play !!!!!
fiya79

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: mindy has game Reply with quote

my wife, Mindy, palys a lot. right now she has school on Wed night. In May she should come out more, probably 3+ times a month. because of the handicap she does pretty well usually. At any rate women are welcome. the course does not favor a big distance game anhow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: