10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Freeman Park 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Freeman Park 2.0 Reply with quote

The snow on Saturday did a number on the trees at Freeman Park. The willows along the creek took the brunt of the damage. Hole 4 has opened up a bit on the right side for the backhand-over the bridge dump shot. A huge branch is straddling the pad on hole 5 (I broke off some branches so you can throw over it). Hole 6 suprisingly is relatively unscathed! The left side of 7 fairway took a lot of damage and there isn't as much of a backstop along the way. The trees on both sides of 13 took a hit, but it doesn't seem much wider. Another huge branch is laying across the box on 15. In general, it looks like a bomb went off, but most of the holes still play the same.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

Is the parks department going to come and chew up the branches, or are you looking for volunteer help to clean up the mess?

If you need help, just let me know. Glad to hear that the course is sill playable.

John
kerry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The city has been working hard on the clean up. Still a couple big branches, but looking good.
kerry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a few holes at Freeman today. We still have 2-3 feet of snow and a weak top crust. The pad on hole 4 was melted, but eveything else is buried. Plan on standstill shots or one step off the box. All the trees made it through- every year I wait for the overhangs on hole 6 to collapse. No such luck. I will wait a couple weeks to go out unless I figure out my x-step wearing snowshoes.
kerry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked on Freeman DGC and 90% of the snow is gone and the tee pads are clear. Now if it would break 40 degrees and the wind would drop to >20 mph...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: