5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

??Blackfoot DG Club??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottW

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: ??Blackfoot DG Club?? Reply with quote

I was looking around on the sponsors page for this year's United States Disc Golf Championship and listed under state sponsors for Idaho is the Blackfoot Disc Golf Club. Since I have never heard of that club I was wondering if anyone could provide any insight or info. on this club. If there is anyone who is associated with it I am wondering why the lack of interest in spreading the word about the club, activities, and course?

Here's the link: http://www.usdgc.com/our-sponsors/
mook

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of it, but Jon Lyksett (who lives in Blackfoot) is the Regional Director for the PDGA and I assume he would have something to do with it. I haven't seen him around these parts for ages.
ScottW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from being Regional Director for the PDGA isn't he also the PDGA state representative for the state of Idaho? Doesn't that mean that he is also in charge of appointing an Open player to represent the state at the USDGC? Does Idaho have a player going to the USDGC? If not, does anyone else think that it is kind of important for the state to have someone playing there? I do. Even little ol' Montana has a player going to the USDGC this year, Christian Dietrich. He won that Montana Points Cup Series last year and was awarded the USDGC spot based on that because one of the TDs for the series is our state rep. and he stated the winner of the cup gets the USDGC spot for the following year. Our cup series ended last weekend and McCoy Connor won it and has been awarded the USDGC spot for 2008. I think someone from Idaho should go to represent the state, even if they may not be the best Open player in the state. Just my 2 cents.

That strayed a little off topic, sorry.

I'd still be interested to hear more about the Blackfoot DG Club.
discgolfidaho

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottW wrote:
Aside from being Regional Director for the PDGA isn't he also the PDGA state representative for the state of Idaho? Doesn't that mean that he is also in charge of appointing an Open player to represent the state at the USDGC? Does Idaho have a player going to the USDGC? If not, does anyone else think that it is kind of important for the state to have someone playing there? I do. Even little ol' Montana has a player going to the USDGC this year, Christian Dietrich. He won that Montana Points Cup Series last year and was awarded the USDGC spot based on that because one of the TDs for the series is our state rep. and he stated the winner of the cup gets the USDGC spot for the following year. Our cup series ended last weekend and McCoy Connor won it and has been awarded the USDGC spot for 2008. I think someone from Idaho should go to represent the state, even if they may not be the best Open player in the state. Just my 2 cents.

That strayed a little off topic, sorry.

I'd still be interested to hear more about the Blackfoot DG Club.

I'm catching up on all sorts of posts here, since I renewed my membership in the PVDGC this morning. It's nice to have a local forum.

So, for your 2 cents, here goes:

1. The Blackfoot Club is dormant. With only a few players living in Blackfoot, we thought it better to support either Pocatello or Idaho Falls.
2. The Idaho sponsorship at the USDGC is contribution from myself and my wife. I left it as the Blackfoot Disc Golf Club, so the state gets to have a flag out in front of the coluseum at Winthrop.
3. I was actually Vice President of the PDGA up until last August, when my term ended. The term Regional Director went away in the last ByLaw revision.
4. I've never been the State Coordinator. That would be Gregg Beukelmann from Boise.
5. Idaho has hada representative at the past several USDGC's. It has been Rob Hansen from Boise. This is a very expensive proposition, and no one else has really expressed much interest in going. Having a points series, a championship, or other determiner would be great, if the state group would figure out a way to fund the player's trip, but selecting a player that can't go is a bit counterproductive. If another player is interested and can afford the trip (airfare, hotel, rental car, food, entry fee, etc.), I'm sure Gregg would consider having them represent the state.

I've attended USDGC as a staff member for the past 7 years and can attest that it's the top experience in disc golf, from inside and out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: