7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Staggering Ox Open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Staggering Ox Open Reply with quote

Hello All,

I just wanted to let you all know about the Staggering Ox Open disc golf tournament that will be held on Aug. 11 in Missoula, MT, at Blue Mountain Disc Golf Course. This will be a 1 day C-tier event and will fill to capacity. Here's more info. from what the TD posted of the GCF website, he's gonna get some sweet custom stamped discs too.

Craig Reseland:
Hey everybody, sorry for the delay with info about this tournament, but I had to make sure our permit was good before I could really start pushing the event.

We are going to be an INNOVA sponsored event! There are two T.F.R. (tournament fund-raiser) discs available, the Champ TeeRex-x and the Gummy CE plastic Rhyno. The TeeRex-x is an overstable version of the TeeRex which is not supposed to beat in to the understable characteristics of a wraith. The Gummy CE Plastic Rhyno is kind of a mystery. We are one of the first tournaments ever, if not the first, to offer this special release putter; which the rep I was working with hasn't even had in his hands yet either...

There have been only 25 of each disc produced, so 50 a total T.F.R. Discs are available for sale. Each disc has it's own artwork. That's right we went with 2 different designs to add a little variety for the players. The discs are going to be $25 a piece.

We are also offering the Pulsar 175 Gram Ultimate Frisbee and the Ontario roc as special edition discs to start raising money for the true reason the Staggering OX is part of this tournament. We are going to start a Trust fund for Missoula disc golf with all the profits from all the discs that were ordered through Innova and also with any money that is made from the tournament.

This Fund will have a running talley for all members of the community, not just the disc golfers, to watch and it will also have a posted goal so people will know what we need to do to reach it. This is a serious effort considering that we have over 400 discs for sale towards this cause. These discs include:

DX Plastic: Aviar, Birdie, Gazelle, Skeeter, Wraith, Tee Bird, Ontario Roc, and Rancho Roc

Pro: Rhyno

Champion: Firebird, Viking, and Wraith

Star: TeeBird, TeeRex, Sidewinder

I am sorry for the late notice on all this but I did not want to cause trouble by doing something I did not have permission to do. I hope that we can get a good turnout for this PDGA C-tier event.

So far I have secured around 300 dollars in added cash with hole sponsors and I have some verbal agreements that I have to to and collect on now that I have the permit for the tournament. We also have over $1000.00 in Amateur prizes and like Scott said, Advanced Ams will be playing for a Innova Discatcher Sport and Intermediate Ams will be playing for a Innova Discatcher Traveler; two great targets to help get you to the next level.

It's going to be hot and there is always a chance for the tournament to get set back due to fire restrictions, so I will keep you all posted on that.

I was also trying to get online registration up on www.titledisc.com but have not had much luck so I'm going to try another one, but watch title disc just in case they get it up.

Can't wait to see some great competition. We will have the owner of the Staggering Ox's high performance cameras at the tourney and will be getting some great footage of a wide variety of holes. Hopefully we can catch everyone in a good shot!

Here's to another great PDGA tournament in Missoula,

Craig Reseland

PDGA #30609

If any of you down there in Pokyland can make it up here for this that would be sweet, and you won't be disappointed. Car pool if you can and if lodging is a problem let me know, I could probably find accomodations for you. Also, if you are interested in any of the TFR discs but won't be able to play, let me know and I could pick one up for you and bring it down when I hopefully come down for the SIC the next weekend, or I'll at least send it down with my wife when she starts school. It'd be cool to see some of you there.
ScottW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This tourney was yesterday. It didn't fill but was a great tourney regardless. I am not sure exactly how many played because the results are not in yet, will post a link when they are. I won Intermediates for my second intermediate win in a row at Blue Mountain and am getting an earfull from everyone to move up. The SIC will be my first official Advanced Division tournament where I will no longer look to go down. I will Play the Inland Northwest Series Final as Intermediate because that is the division I played for the series, but after that will be all advanced. THe TD for this tournament did a great job of fundraising with over $800 in added cash from sponsors and TFR disc sales. A local club guy picked up his first open division win and almost $500 beating our local 1000 rated stud who had a worse second round than me Shocked. The winner of advanced took home a discatcher sport, and myself and the ladies winner each took home one of the portable Innova baskets. Tons of discs for prizes too. Probably one of the smallest sanctioned tourneys in MT but it had the biggest payout ever, even bigger than our state tourney last year. Good Times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: