6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007 Disc Golf Halloween Haunt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: 2007 Disc Golf Halloween Haunt Reply with quote

The 3rd Annual
Texas Roadhouse
Disc Golf Halloween Haunt

Ross Park Disc Golf Course
Pocatello, ID

October 20th, 2007

Disc Golf.....In The Dark.....With The Ghosts

There will be a minimum of $500 added cash/prizes.
Sponsored By: Texas Roadhouse, The Haunted Forest, Qwest, Barry's Ski and Sports, Rob Bullen (North Utah Disc Golf Ass.), Applebee's, Margaret Prince, Soccer Rockers, the Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club, Taco Time, and Renae's Rolls.

How It Works

This is a 48 hole tournament, 24 of which are played during the day, and the other 24 are played in the dark. How do we play in the dark? You bring your regular bag of discs for daytime play, but at night have a glow or semi-transparent disc ready to stick a battery powered LED light to. One LED light kit is included with your registration. One disc not enough? You can use as many discs as you want as long as they are glowing or lighted. Extra LED kits will be available for sale. Your putter does not need to be lighted.

The course will be altered from its original pins. It will also be decorated with webs, spiders, bats, graves, strobe lights, fog, ghosts, and anything else we can find to spook your game! It is also recommended that you bring a personal flashlight.

Registration
Registration will be held the day of the tournament.
There will be a maximum of 65 entrants.

Fees
Open Division....................$30.00
Advanced Division.............$20.00
Intermediate Division.........$15.00
Women's Division...............$15.00
Junior Division (12-17).......$10.00
Extra LED Light Kit.............$3.00

Tournament Schedule

3:00pm - 4:00pm............Registration
4:00pm - 4:15pm............Player's Meeting
4:15pm - 6:30pm............Daylight Round Play
6:30pm - 7:30pm............Dinner Break
7:30pm - 7:45pm............Player's Meeting
7:45pm - 10:00pm..........Nighttime Round Play
10:00pm - 11:00pm........The Real Ring of Fire/Award's Ceremony

Other Events At The Tournament

Closest To The Pin Contest
CTP will be given out 1 per round per designated group and will be included with your registration. On a chosen hole, the person who lands their drive closest to the basket will be awarded an additional prize. CTP for Open/Advanced Division will be #3(day round) and #6(night round). CTP for the Intermediate Divison will be #11 (day) and #4 (night). CTP for Women/Junior Division will be #7 (day) and #12 (night).

Ace Pot
This contest is optional. Pay $1 to enter the Ace Pot. The first person who entered the ace pot to get an ace (and yes, we did have one last year in the dark), gets the money. If there are no aces, a CTP contest on hole #12 will determine the winner after the awards ceremony.

Taco Time Bullseye
At the alternate #9 teepad, there is a rather annoying tree in the way of your drive. A bullseye posterboard will be posted to that tree. If you hit the tree on your drive, your disc most likely will taco (bend in half). All who hit the tree will write their name on the posterboard and will go into a drawing for one of many Taco Time gift certificates. This contest is only for the day round and is included with your registration.

Pumpkin Carving Contest
Bring your own jack-o-lantern (already carved) to the tournament and it will host a tee pad. The players of the tournament will vote on their favorite carved pumpkin. The favorite jack-o-lantern of the tournament will win a $25 gift card to Texas Roadhouse. Please also bring a candle for your jack-o-lantern so we can all see it at night.

The Real Ring Of Fire
What's the difference between a ring of fire and The Real Ring Of Fire? The answer: FIRE! Don't know what a ring of fire is? Come and check it out for another chance to win more prizes! For both player's and spectators.

Other Rules And Recommendations
PDGA rules apply to the day round. The night round will be played according to PDGA ruling, except:
1. No marker is needed to mark your disc.
2. A lost disc may cost you $3 if you only had one lit disc and it was the lost disc, because you will need a new LED light kit.
3. You or anyone in your group cannot use a flashlight during a disc throw of any type. Your flashlight can only be used for scoring, footing, and searching for a disc.
4. You can only use a non lighted disc (such as a putter) within 30 feet of the basket.
5. Intentionally damaging halloween decor constitutes disqualification.

It is also recommended that you wear appropriate attire as the night round will be much colder than the day round.

If you have any questions or comments about this event you can post them on this forum or contact Tournament Director Brandon Merzlock at 208-406-4451 or themook@q.com.

Last edited by mook on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:49 pm; edited 8 times in total
fiya79

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: I'll chip in a bit Reply with quote

I'll do the city permit thing again and do sound, and bring a ton of cords. Mindy and I can decorate if it ins't too cold for baby Kaya.

Clarks
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in
mook

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news so far! Yes, we will need as many extension cords as we can get. Also, if anyone has any halogen lights used for garages or what not, we could use some light at the pavillion this year.
ScottW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did do a post for this tournament on the Garden City Flyers website and I am working on getting permission from the club pres. to post the flyer on the board at Blue Mtn. (Forset Service property Confused ) for this one also. Unfortunately, one of the club members responded to my post pointing out that it is the same day as our club's final bag tag of the year (always a good time) as well as being the day before our Halloween themed Discraft Ace Race. Unfortunate timing but it is still good to get the info out there because not everyone is a GCF club member. Good luck on this one guys. I think I will miss both because I think I have to work the UM football game that day Crying or Very sad Oh well, GO GRIZ Exclamation
mook

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need volunteers to help out during the tournament with registration, ring of fire, etc. Please let me know. Also, check out all the new info posted at the beginning of this forum!
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: park variance Reply with quote

The application to get a variance on the park hours has been submitted, processes and will be discussed at the oct 4 city council meeting. No one really needs to go to get a yes vote, just thought everyone might want to know.
RobBull

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like I've heard of the taco your disc win a taco idea somewhere? Laughing Enjoy! I think that is one the best idea's we've come up with and one of the signature drawings at the Riverpark Open.
mook

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I always tell people that I got it from the Riverpark Open. I hope it wasn't patented or anything. Hope to see you NUDGA guys up here for this one. Is my flyer still up at the course?
RobBull

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Imitation the finest form of flattery Reply with quote

No worries, it is a good idea and sponsorship oportunity. Tony had a fun time explaining what a disc taco was to the Taco Maker. I plan on coming. Count me in on $25 cash sponsorship.

The flyer was up last time I checked. I will bring it up at the club meeting on Friday. I will also put something on the web.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer an e-mail I recieved about the tournament. If you want to play with another player during the tournament, you are welcome to do so up to groups of 3 for the first round. If the player you want to play with is a Junior player, you can play with them the entire tournament if so desired.
mook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update on the Haunt. At city council, the council approved the conditional use permit the extend the park hours for our tournament, yay! Texas Roadhouse has confirmed sponsorship and will be the title sponsor for the event.

The course will be open for play for the tournament layout by 9:00am on October 20th, if you want to come and get some pre tourney practice. There will be 3 holes added and the #1, 2, 3, 8, and 9 pin placements will be different.

I have surpassed my goal of sponsorship for the tournament with a few more possibilities to kick it up even more. Soccer Rockers is in and a co worker at Qwest, Margaret Prince, gave a cash donation as well.
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: great job Reply with quote

man, it sounds like things are going great. I keep recruiting players as I see them on the course... i'm not sure if I should keep recruiting more or keep the field small so i can win some great stuff.
last year was great. this year will be better. probably my fav tournament.

my tips: Dress really really warm, carry a good hand warmer and bring a flashlight.

oh yeah, throw rollers.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon,

I can see that Taco Time and Texas Roadhouse have both sponsored the event, but could you list your other sponsors in the announcement?

Thanks
John
mook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the sponsors have been added to the original post as soon as they were confirmed. Check it out! Thanks to Renae's Rolls, we will have free Halloween cookies for everyone at the event too. The club is getting some new merchandise to sell at the event including glow discs so bring some extra cash! Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: