7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ross Park Bulletin Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiya79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Ross Park Bulletin Board Reply with quote

I put up a board for disc golf on the bathrooms at Ross. it locks but Caleb has a key and will distribute copies to a few folks. It isn't as big as it looked in my shop, but will have to do. No one else seemd to want to take it on so now we're stuck with my feeble attempt. I would really like a hardy sign over it the says 'disc golf info' or something like that. I just didn't have time. So that is still an open volunteer opportunity.

so if you want something posted in there you can
1) call Caleb, Steve or me and we will put it in
2) post to this thread and we will print and post it
3) shove it in through the doors and we will post it.

I will be gone for a while but hope someone posts- a littering rant, basic rules, a map, S.I.M.S. info, a big club/site advertisement, Caleb's tourney info, a map to bengal, a map of bengal,skills clinics dates.......
course record,,,,list of aces,,,,

I wouldn't be opposed to a small lost and found section if there is room..

and totally off topic. if someone bought and applied vinyl number stickers to the basket that would be awesome.

Lance
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making this Lance! I have started composing a basic rules sheet and course map. Can anybody please let me know what they think of these?

Quote:

Upper Ross Park Disc Golf Course

When Playing the Course:
KEEP IT CLEAN. Don?t trash our course. Besides looking awful, litter can be dangerous and expensive to clean up. Keep the park clean so all can enjoy it.
SAFETY FIRST. Watch where you throw. Be courteous to everyone in the park.
HAVE FUN. Enjoy what has been created for you, and let others enjoy it too. The person that has the most fun wins.

How to Play Disc Golf
  1. One point is counted for each throw, and for each penalty throw incurred. The player with the lowest score wins.
  2. The player with the lowest score from the previous hole tees-off first. Never throw until the playing group ahead of you is out of range, and the fairway is clear.
  3. Tee throws must be released with both feet in the tee-box. A run up is permitted, as is a follow-through after the disc is released.
  4. After teeing off, the player with the disc furthest from the hole throws first, then the next furthest, and so forth. Members of the playing group should stay behind the thrower.
  5. On the fairway, you may either mark your lie with a mini-disc placed at the leading edge of the previously thrown disc; or leave your previously thrown disc where it is. Fairway throws must be made with one foot immediately behind your marked lie at the time the disc is released. A run-up, and follow-through is allowed if your lie is more than 10 meters from the hole. Inside 10 meters, a player may not step past his marked lie until his thrown disc has come to rest.
  6. Any disc that comes to rest more than 2 meters above ground is considered unplayable. The disc must be thrown from a lie on the ground directly below the previously thrown disc.
  7. Any disc landing on or past a road is considered out of bounds. Landing on the walking path is also considered out of bounds. Mark your lie one meter in bounds from the point it left, and play on with one penalty throw.
  8. Any disc that comes to rest in the basket or chains completes the hole. A disc that comes to rest on the target is NOT in.

You can download the full rulebook from the Professional Disc Golf Association at http://pdga.com/rules/index.php
wwashby

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Rulesf or park Reply with quote

John, these look great!

I think from the kind of litter I have pick up at Bengal Ridge, Brandon's experience with the admount of weed being smoked, and the clearing of hole seven at Ross Park it would be a good idea to include more/emphasize these rules as well.

801.01 Courtesy
E. Littering is a courtesy violation.

F. Courtesy dictates that players who smoke should not allow their smoke to disturb other players. Smokers should extinguish their cigarettes and carry their cigarette butts to a trash can. Disposing of cigarette butts by dropping them on the ground is littering.

G. A player violating a courtesy rule may be warned by any affected player, even if from another group, or by an official, with all players of the group advised of the warning. The player shall be assessed one penalty throw for each subsequent courtesy violation of any type in the same round.

803.05 Obstacles and Relief
B. Obstacles Between the Lie and Hole: A player may not move, alter, bend, break, or hold back any part of any obstacle, including casual obstacles, between the lie and the hole

E. A player shall receive one penalty throw, without a warning, for violation of an obstacle or relief rule.

F. A player who purposely damages anything on the course shall receive two penalty throws, without a warning, if observed by two or more players of the group
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Point. I'll work them in.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: