7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACE'S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Bragging Rights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i was playing will Jill and Aced number 4 again. The disc was a 2003 CE ROC. Went straight the whole way, pretty cool. This one felt better than the last time I aced this hole because last time I emptied my bag and got the ace with one of the last discs I threw.

Later that evening I played skins at bengal and shot 7 down on the back birdying 10-15, 17. four'd 16 and three'd 18. That was pretty fun, however I don't know where it came from because I shot 2 up on the front to finish 5 down.

Later

Caleb Wolfe
drewpy101

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: FIRST ACE EVER!!!! Reply with quote

Ladies and Gents may I announce my first ACE!!!

just saturday I was telling Caleb I haven't hit an ACE yet. He pretty much told me I suck and that's why. Which is accurate.

However, Yesterday at Walcott I hit hole #2, it was unreal, my brother and wife both saw it. Hit it with the trusty teebird.
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: nice job drew Reply with quote

well done drew. You can now say definitively that everyone that does not have an ace sucks.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my defense I believe my exact words to Drew were, "You will." This came after he stated that he had never gotten an ace.

But I do have one question. Why do you throw a teebird on hole 2 at walcott? Rolling Eyes

Caleb Wolfe
mook

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever aced 2 at Walcott Caleb? If not, it seems that I would be taking my advice from Drew on how to play that hole.
drewpy101

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you MOOK

Caleb if you would like to know how to ace this hole....you use a teebird, very light throw, just right of dangerous stretched out branch that threatens your birdy. I use a light teebird because I would not waist my time on a roc.

Caleb, lol...I used the teebird because you mentioned that it was possible to be more accurate with a longer disc, toning down the throw a little......seemed to work okay....see i listened to you....sometimes.

Thanks to all who relish in my glory.....
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i told you at league that you would get an ace sometime soon. You have been throwing too good lately not to get one. congrats
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: just saying.... Reply with quote

Not to take away from your supposed accomplishment but.....you haven't really aced until you ace in a tournament. this is also known as a "real ace" or "legitimate ace" depending on which part of the country you are from. James may be able to back me up but in california I believe that you have to have at least one non-relative to certify an ace. otherwise it is just called a "suspected eagle".

Personally I have never event tried ace outside of a tounament or league. there's no point.

on another note mindy witnessed me being within 1mm of deucing hole 5 at bengal. I threw up past the sage and right. then threw a buzz that hit the top wire of the basket (not the yellow rim), jumped up, teetered and fell out. sooo close
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had approached with a roc it would have went in. Very Happy

Caleb Wolfe
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: indeed Reply with quote

would have gone in- to the trees for a 5.

the problem I have with a roc is that i can only throw them like 150 feet. I just don't have the right style I guess.
mook

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$42 on the line for an ace at league tonight!
myko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: mike's first Ace Reply with quote

Very Happy i took my first ace in the ogden tournement a week and a half ago, mike hancho is my witness. it was blind shot with a sidewinder forehand curving around trees until ching!!! the sound of chains! i couldnt believe it and kerry just stood there shaking his head, then he threw 30 feet into the bushes......guess he was shaken up......well thats one notch on my belt..........on a side note i saw drew's ace and have signed his tee bird disc.......dont believe me ask to see it from him.......lol
myko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: by the way Reply with quote

the little drawing to the left is me chasing bagger mark!!!1
cummmike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't you beat Mark Saturday in IF??
onepaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: ACE NUMBER 3 Reply with quote

if anyone was wondering how long til someone aced hole 2 at ross since the tree is gone, the wait is over. i aced it on sunday morning Very Happy . congrats on the win in IF Mike, you are well on your way to bagger status
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Bragging Rights All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: