9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PDGA Sanctioned Leagues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
virus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: PDGA Sanctioned Leagues Reply with quote

I know there will be people that are for and against this from the get go.. but it really has no downside. The PDGA now offers for a league to use rounds as sanctioned events to help improve or hurt your current rating. Those that do not wish to participate would obviously not have to, but it would/could be of great awesomeness to those that would. The link provided below goes into all of the finer details. Brad! Get on this! Smile

http://www.pdga.com/your-league-now-pdga-ratings
willyum96

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 100% back Pat with this one!
kemmcase

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i do like the idea of this but i think brad has enough on his plate with having to travel for his job putting on two leagues a week being president of the club and making sure the SIMS gets ran. I think it would be nice if someobdy else could take the bull by the horns and start this. If i was in pocatello I would for sure start a league like this.
mooch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on seeing if there was and interest for a league like this after I find out what kind of schedule my summer is going to be but I would/will be interested in running a sanctioned league but I'm just not sure when it will start they tend to go for eight to twelve weeks if I remember the reading right but I will keep you guys informed once I get more things figured out.
bemerz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am not apposed to the idea at all. I think having three leagues is stretching it a bit. I would not be apposed to seeing if it would work with traveling leagues. Ross would be good and it would get people to come out of the wood work. If it doesnt work this year we could definetly do it next yr. It adds extra money that the players dont see but the l.d. and the pdga and alot more work.
virus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we do not have to have a third league at all. Once its setup, during ross league or traveling, people that would like to be a part of it would simply pay an extra dollar. 50cents goes to pdga for the league, and 50cents goes back into the club for fixes to courses or club whatever. We would not need a third league, only to sign up the leagues we currently have running. Smile another board member could be in charge of that at each event. It is really quite simple. Smile
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you run it, Mr. Virus? It sounds like you've got a good plan to get it going.

I agree that sanctioned leagues would be fun, and that piggy-backing on a running league would be the way to do it. The set up would be similar to bag tags. Not everyone would be required to participate, but, if you want to shell out the extra, you could get your league round sanctioned.
virus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more than happy to run it for the time I am here for the summer months. There will be times I will not be able to make it for drill and work.. But I would be game for that. I do believe that Brad will have to do initial setup as president... But I am game to run it with help when I am gone. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: