7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feedback from Adv, int, women, and begginners
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Feedback from Adv, int, women, and begginners Reply with quote

I am thinking about doing a tournament next year and would like feedback from anyone and everyone. I would like to know what type of prizes you would like if you placed in your given division.

Example: Hi Caleb, I am an advanced player and in the past I have won discs, shirts, water bottles, camel backs, and other misc items. I would say that if the specific tournament had a shirt, that was always something that I enjoyed winning. Discs are always good, but lots of time you get something that you don't throw, so I think gift certificates would be better. That is my input thanks,

Joe Somebody.

If you could start posting things that you have no desire of getting and things that you would really like, keeping in mind that you will not be winning a new car, I would appreciate it. The sooner I can put together ideas for what people want the sooner I can start looking for sponsership.

I will reply to this post with my input, even though I currently play open I remember what I liked to win as an am player.

Thank you,

Caleb Wolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Caleb, I am a pro player and remember winning the tournament t-shirt and that is always fun. When I was playing intermediate and beginner divisions I always wanted discs, but never really liked Discraft so if I won an innova disc I was usually pretty happy. When I placed first in my division there were a couple of times I won a basket and that was always a thrill. Cash was always the best thing and that is why I went pro. I am also a big fan of Trophy's and really enjoyed winning those.

Thanks,

Caleb Wolfe
mook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a pro and would like small, unmarked bills please. When I was an am, I agree with having a choice of what disc you win, bags were nice, baskets were better. When it comes to sponsorship, alot of time you don't have a choice. If someone donates a backpack, you have to give out a backpack.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: type something Reply with quote

I see that there are a lot of views, but only a few replies, I understand that people may be looking twice and things, but if you look, please type something you would like to get as a prize. You don't have to have any experience in tournaments, just put something that you might like to get if you placed like 17th or last even.

Thanks

Caleb Wolfe
captainburns

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: am Reply with quote

I have never done a tournament, nor am I a part of the pvdgc but am hoping to join at the upcoming meeting. I would think that T-shirts and discs would be best for beginers such as myself. Also a bag would be nice.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: More Replies and one more question Reply with quote

Most people who are reading this forum have been to at least one tournament. I would like to know what the majority of poeple would like to have happen at the end of a tournament. I will put a poll question about it as well, but this is where you can explain your vote. I would like to know if you would rather see a final nine between the top four open players (unless there is a tie) or rather have a ring of fire.

At worlds in 04' (of course these were awesome open players) one of the most enjoyeable times was watching the final four. As an am player I would have liked to see open players play. You have the opportunity to see different shots that maybe you did not think of, or see some really good putting. The ring of fire includes everyone, but if it was a good gallery course people could watch.

What is your opinion of a final nine versus the ring of fire?

Remeber to keep replying to the original question of what prizes you would like to get.

Caleb Wolfe
themook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on the tournament. At Bengal Ridge I would never ever have a championship nine because I am already dead from playing the course to want to walk up and watch somebody else play. Ross Park would be a good course for that cause the gallery can stand in one place and watch 3 different holes. The draw with Ring of Fire is that you have the chance to win something while the prizes are being tallied.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: This is getting a little out of hand. Reply with quote

What do I have to do to get you to reply to this post.

I am showing over 400 views and 7 replies.

If you plan on playing in a tournament next year, please reply to this post and just state what you like getting for prizes. Really not to difficult. This will help in determining the type of prizes and the type of sponsorship I will go after.

Thank you.

Caleb Wolfe
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: This is getting a little out of hand. Reply with quote

cwolfe wrote:
What do I have to do to get you to reply to this post.

I am showing over 400 views and 7 replies.

If you plan on playing in a tournament next year, please reply to this post and just state what you like getting for prizes. Really not to difficult. This will help in determining the type of prizes and the type of sponsorship I will go after.

Thank you.

Hmm, the few tournaments I played in, I always came out middle of the road. I think I got a superball once...and a DX plastic disc.

I would like to get shirts, discs, bags, towels, *wishing big here* a basket.

Sponsors I like are drinks, movie tickets, sporting goods stores gift certificates, shoe store gift certificates...I'll keep thinking for more
jbunker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: hits - replies - spam Reply with quote

Hi Caleb,
I left the replies there for you to see this morning. I have been deleting them, but now you can see what the replies and hits are all about. It is too bad some people can't respect others bulletin boards. Oh well. Feel free to delete them if you wish.
John B.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I closed the forum to non-member posting. We got hammered overnight. I've gone ahead and deleted all the offending posts.

John J.
ScottW

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Straight cash, homie Exclamation " as our good friend Randy Moss so bluntly put. If it was an unsanctioned tourney, I wouldn't be opposed to taking some bills home (if I could actuall play that well Confused ). Otherwise if it was sanctioned I like tourney shirts, gift. certs to useable place, and nice plastic.

ScottW
bwilliam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Tournament prizes Reply with quote

Caleb,

It has been a while since I have been to a tournament. I certainly enjoyed many of the prizes that have already been mentioned (discs, T-shirts, hats, etc.). For the discs, I do like a certificate so that I can pick out my own disc. I do think that it is nice to get dinner or movie certificates from sponsors to local places. For the AMIS tournament, we have always done plaques and that seems pretty cool (bragging rights at the office, you know). I don't really care for the small stuff like magnets, bumper stickers, etc. but mini's are okay.

Brett
porter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Discs and bags are the best unless you're going to go big for a basket.
fiya79

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: intermediate Reply with quote

I like winning stuff taht I wouldn't really buy for myself. I wouldn't buy a dvd of world's 2003 but would watch it if I won it, and be happy. I like to think I'm not nerdy enough to get that deep into disc golf but really am.

discs are always good, even if I have more than i need or know how to use. I could use specialty discs, rollers, mid range, wind nd anything non-innova.

I'd wear a shirt loud and proud.

i agree magnets, and stickers are of marginal value.

local merchant stuff is great.

how about furniture?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: