10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New course - Lydle Gulch at Lucky Peak near Boise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncle derek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: New course - Lydle Gulch at Lucky Peak near Boise Reply with quote

New Disc Golf Course!

ATTENTION DISC GOLFERS:
The US Army Corp of Engineers is accepting public input on creating a disc golf course in Lydle Gulch of the Lucky Peak Recreation Area outside of Boise. Club members have been working with manager of the for area to some time now to get two courses designed and installed. Other amenites include; parking lot, restroom, shelter, bulletin board, and signage are also proposed as part of this project.
We need golfers to send postive input on how disc golf is a good recreation enhancement to the area.
The last chance opportunity to make your voice known that you support disc golf at Lucky Peark is April 6th.

Submit your comments via email to: Ms. Anneli Astonn at Anneli.K.Aston@usace.army.mil

Or comments may also be submitted through the mail to:

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Walla Walla District
CENWW-PM-PD-EC, ATTN: Anneli Aston
201 North Third Avenue
Walla Walla, WA 99362-1876

Mailed comments must be postmarked no later than April 6, 2012.

Let's all make it known we support disc golf at Lucky Peak!
uncle derek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: comment Reply with quote

This is what I emailed in as my input. Feel free to copy/paste/modify/enhance/etc and send. We can always use help getting postive input to get this course formally approved.
Thanks for your help
- Derek

Ms Aston:
I would like to voice my whole hearted support of the proposed disc golf course in Lydle Gulch at the Lucky Peak recreation area.
Disc golf is an active, healthy, environmentally friendly, family activity that people of all ages can enjoy.
The addition of a disc golf course would be a positive enhancement to the recreational opportunities at Luck Peak.
I am looking forward to playing the great game of disc golf soon at Luck Peak.
Thank you for your time.
- Derek Ford
kerry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent in mine:

Ms. Aston,

I write this in support of your efforts to place a disc golf course at Lucky Peak. I am a 39 year old who has played for about 9 years. Disc golf is an affordable, low environmental impact activity that gets people outside. Disc golf is a great way to "multipurpose" an outdoor area, as it does not impede other uses such as trail running, to maximize the public's enjoyment of our shared lands.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions about my support for this project.

Thanks,

Kerry Hong
uncle derek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: New course - Lydle Gulch at Lucky Peak near Boise Reply with quote

The environmental assessment has been completed and the US Army Corps of Engineers has been given the go ahead to begin developement of the project. Work is expected to begin soon on the parking lot, restroom etc., with the disc golf facility to be finished in the fall.
Thanks to all sent their support for this project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: