10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nordic Center

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Nordic Center Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone would be in favor of another course in Pocatello. The Nordic Center has already had to close because of our weak winter this year. I think that this area is perfect for a world class disc golf course. If you haven't been there, it is about 15 minutes outside of pocatello. You drive by it when you go to Scout Mountain. It is technically in Pocatello, but for those who live in the city it will take you about 15 minutes to get there. I think a spring/summer course there would be perfect for both the city and the disc golfers. I just wanted to get peoples feedback on primarily whether or not they would go to play it. I would hope that this would be the most challenging course of the three in Pocatello. There are large aspens and groomed fairways. I didn't know what it was until Lance mentioned it last year before Ross Park was put in. I personally would go play it probably 1 to 2 a week during the season. I don't have any idea if it would even be a possibility, but thought if we started developing an interest maybe we could pursue it in the future. I understand that there is still a lot to be done on the Ross Park course, so this is just to start conversation about a 3rd course.

Caleb Wolfe
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be into that. i still enjoy bengal ridge waaaay more then ross park even though ross park is only a half mile away from my house. i really like courses that are more secluded
fiya79

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: why not Reply with quote

certainly there are some technical hurdles in the way bu it could be a premier course. We would need: funds (baskets, pads etc), fencing for cows up the road, a design, and permission.

It isn't actually in city limits. We operate the nordic center under a special use permit form the forest service. There is a new recreation contact there who is pretty gung ho. deb 236-7500. I just got funded for a new permanant vault toilet up there so that is one big ticket item down. Installation may-june 07.

A few notes, they probably wouldn't be very excited about concrete tee pads, removable ruber would be best. the baskets would have to come out in the winter for grooming and be flush with the ground. and cows are allowed in the area for 4 weeks in July, so pies are a bit of an issue at times. call it a hazard. The city probably wouldn't have any money ofr a number of years.

How would everyone feel about a donation box as Ross for future DG needs?

Lance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: