7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final Nine or Ring of Fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you prefer a Final Nine or a Ring of Fire?
Final Nine
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
Ring of Fire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Final Nine or Ring of Fire Reply with quote

IF YOU VOTE, WRITE A DESCRIPTION

Well, the poll on the home page is split, so I thought I would add this topic and see if we can get some reasons why one would prefer one over the other.

Obviously it appears that I am going to be in a no win situation, so to make my decision, I am going to base it on responses to this topic.

I prefer the final nine mainly because I remember wanting to watch the top players throw and see what they did differently from me. If I am in a final four, I think it would be interesting to play in front of a gallery. I understand that not all courses are conducive for a final nine and therefore the ring of fire would be in place for that specific tournament. I casted my vote in favor of the final nine.

So I also want hear a variety of answers. Such as if there were player packs for the am players then perhaps I would not care that there was a ring of fire or not because everyone already got something. That would be a point worth considering. It would also cost the tournament more money and take money out of the prizes. So anyways this is just to get you thinking. Remeber that the tournament is temporarily set for June 9 so we will need responses soon.

Please input your vote as well as the reason for the vote.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the final nine for a couple of different reasons...

1. I've never watched or played in one before.

2. It seems more proffesional to me.

3. I think it will encourage the TD to do a player pack for ams
(even if it's just a disc with the tournamet print on it)

I know in 2002 i played in the Snake River Open here in Pocatello and got a disc with the snake river series print on it and i was stoked. I didn't really care too much about what my result in the tournament was because i knew i could get the tournament experience and still walk home with a new disc that i could either throw or keep as a collectable. Pre Registration could help a TD guess how many discs to order with the print on them.

I think that the final nine would be cool. Thats just my two cents
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with pole vaulter, for all the same reasons.
ScottW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the final nine is the better way to go. The ring of fire seems to get drug out for too long and often gets boring. At least with the final 9 you can watch the good guys play and see what you are supposed to do in order to be a top finisher. Getting a players pack at sign up and getting to watch the good guys is a good time. At least that way you are assured of walking away with something (stuff) and knowledge. Would you do final 9 for just Men's Pro Open or all divisions? If you do all divisions I would recommend assigning holes to start on instead of everyone goes from the same hole, that makes the final 9 drag on for way too long. Just my 2 cents.

ScottW
PDGA# 28786
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to ScottW, I would just do it for the Pro division. The point, I think is so that the adv and int could watch the Pro's play. If you want a shot at a final nine, then I guess we will see that person bumb up.

This brings me to another question, but I will nto post it here. I am going to create a new topic so go there, read, and reply.

Caleb Wolfe
mook

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like either of them. Ring of Fire is great (if you have half decent prizes) because it gives everyone an opportunity to win and stay involved. Final nine's are good because it does give both the audience the experience of watching the best of the tournament. I like it for the player's in the final nine as well, because it shows you buckles under the pressure of 1) its all on the line, and 2) there's a gallery watching me choke.

The reason I voted final nine is because the prizes for ring of fire have been awful lately.

You have to understand that if we are talking about a low key tournament, how much would a final nine make a difference if only 2-6 pros aren't in it? Also, how much of a gallery are you gonna have in a low key event?
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know that since my tournament is going to be at Bengal for both rounds, we will not be having a final nine.

I am thinking of having the awards ceremony at the Franklin Football Field, so we may have a long drive contest and a ring of fire down there.

Thanks,

Caleb Wolfe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: