6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Disc Golf Championships - Distance Finals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: US Disc Golf Championships - Distance Finals Reply with quote

I just thought I would let those of you who don't follow the US Disc Golf Championships about what happened at the Distance Finals.

Congratulations goes out to Garret Gurthie for beating his nearest competition by more than 3 feet. Just imagine how far he could have thrown if he was using a Destroyer.

Here are the competitors with their 1st round and 2nd round distances as well as the disc they used:
Garret Gurthie - 558 ft., 510 ft. (Inferno and Illusion)
Linus Astrom - 504 ft., 505 ft. (Mirus)
Rob Braton - 531 ft., 540 ft. (Surge)
Avery Jenkins - 555 ft., 542(?) ft. (Destroyer)
Cory Sharp - 519 ft., 513 ft. (Surge)
Steve Brinster - 504 ft., 510 ft. (Destroyer)
Markus Kallstrom - 501 ft., 507 ft. (Wraith and Destroyer)
Johannes Hogberg - 522 ft., 525 ft. (Destroyer and Mirus)
fiya79

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: With all due respect. Reply with quote

I think you must have meant to say: Imagine how far avery could throw an inferno.
mook

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick FYI, some of you may know Cory Sharp on that list, he's from Utah. He was here for the Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Championship that Caleb did at Bengal Ridge. I remember when I used to be able to beat him, but not a chance now.
ScottW

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard someone say that Avery Jenkins said the Illusion or Spirit (I can't remember which) was the fastest and longest disc he's thrown but it was really inconsistent, plus the small fact that he's an Innova guy. Just what I heard. I am actually kinda surprised to not see higher numbers. They are still huge but I thought they would be bigger.

I was also pleased to see that Idaho did have a player rep. at the USDGC. Robert Hansen of Boise competed for the state. I didn't look to see how he played but at least Idaho had a rep. I am curious to find out how he was appointed the player rep. spot. Does Idaho have something set up so a player is appointed by qualifying somehow? I know in Montana it is the winner of the Montana Points Cup Series, which I think is 6 tourneys. McCoy Connor won our state bid for next year's USDGC and Christian Dietrich will probably qualify again on his own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: