6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ross Park Potential

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBull

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Ross Park Potential Reply with quote

I think Ross park is a great 9 hole course and a nice contrast to Bengal Ridge.

However, I think there is potential there that was not used in course design. Holes 1,2 & 4 are fairly boring and probably score as par 2 holes. That first part of the course seems to be crammed into such a small space. Was it not possible to extend those holes to add a little distance & space?

It is unfortunate to hear that hole 5 has to be shortened. Throwing around the monument it fun. By contrast, I think holes 5-9 are amazing in design. Hole 3 is pretty good too. The basket on the rock is a sweet concept that I may incorporate into a course I am designing in the Ogden area.

I don't mean to be too critical, but it seems there is some space and potential that is not being used (especially on holes 1 and 2). There probably isn't much that could be done with hole 4. What do the locals and the parks employee think?

I wish all of our parks departments had avid players that worked for them. You guys are lucky!
mook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment Rob. Not being from Pocatello I can understand your concern. One huge concern with Ross Park is that its the busiest park in the city. The design is based off a temp course that I designed. #1 was a bit longer, #2 was 50 feet longer, #3 was 100 feet longer, #5 after it is shortened will be 120 feet shorter, and #8 is 100 feet shorter as well. Even with the course as it is now designed we get alot of interference with other people using the park and the veterans bug the city about the disc golf course and the veterans memorial all the time. Its not that we didn't want to use the full potential of the park, the problem is that we are not the only game in town and the city has restricted us.

With that said, Ross Park was never intended to be a highly difficult course and its installation has more than doubled disc golf play in Pocatello and for that we are grateful.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love this topic, but i have about as much knowledge as rob in this and i have to agree with everything Brandon says because this course has done a ton for disc golf in pocatello. also from what i know this course was set up for beginners not your average player. i also have to agree with the fact that is a bummer that hole 5 will be shortened. that does however make it more special for anyone who aced it from where it was before (as far as i know only Kerry, Lances bud has aced it from that location). i'll just leave this topic as is though cause i will always love bengal more. just my two cents. -james
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: