7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Southeast Idaho Monthly Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Moving:( Reply with quote

I will be in town this weekend but I will also not be able to participate in the festivities at Ross Park. My wife and I will be moving our junk into storage when the tournament is going. I may be able to sneak in a round sometime but am not sure, I will have planty of finals to study for.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I shoule state that I will be there on Saturday, but leaving directly after the tournament.

Scott, if you want to play an early round, let me know.

Caleb Wolfe
mook

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The format this weekend will be 3 rounds of 12 holes. I will be adding 3 holes to accomodate more people. I don't think there will be more than 45 there, but in case we get close, this will allow for 4 person groups and quicker rounds. It should go pretty quickly like Lake Walcott did.
ScottW

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results from the crappy weather tournament, anyone?
agunter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that I took third, Mark Lansing took second, and John Bunker took first in the intermediate division, Caleb took first in Open(surprise), and I don't remember the winners of the advanced. It was a very fun tournament, with challenging weather.

On a different note, is camping open at Walcott yet? I tried to reserve a spot but it said that camping isn't open yet. Is anyone else going to camp? If so, are you just going to go and take whatever available spot, or did you find a way to reserve one?
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I camped there for the monthly tournament and there was no need to reserve a spot. there should be enough open, but you should get there as early as you can because the LWO is a bigger tournament then the monthly was.

-james
mook

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always somewhere to put up a tent. Lake Walcott hasn't started their summer season yet thats why you can't reserve anything yet. I have never been denied a tent spot though.
agunter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool cool. We'll be there on Friday then. I'll see you guys there.
mook

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to make certain everyone knows that the American Falls Monthly (Titled "The Dam Monthly) has been changed to June 23rd, 2007. Please do not put June 9th in your schedules. Nobody will be there that day.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to extensive difficulties with the City of American Falls, the American Falls monthly event has been cancelled. From what I understand, they think it would do more good than hurt the city to have the tournament, but want me to appear at City Council and file extensive reports and paperwork just to have the event.
I am not willing to do this.

If anyone has any suggestions on where we can hold the June S.I.M.S. monthly event, whether it be a temporary course or what, please let me know.

I would still like to hold a June monthly event on June 23rd, maybe we could install 9 temp holes at Mink Creek, Caleb and Lance?
agunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a blast!
mook

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just need to get with Lance and see if the city would be ok with that, and get with Caleb to see if he has somewhat of a layout available.
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: sure Reply with quote

we can take the ross baskets wherever for the day.

I also have an enclosed trailer to store 18+ baskets in overnight.

Mink creek would be totally fine with me/the city. I have to leave the gate locked unless I am there or a guardian of the keys is appointed, so just let me know when it needs opened. you can always walk up from the gate that says 'do not park in front of gate'. We can drive a vehicle around to put baskets out. you can find maps at www.pokyxc.org

I think this is a great idea.
mook

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok! Well, this is what we are doing then. I don't know if I want to take the heavy baskets out of Ross Park. I may have enough portables that I have access to. Caleb, do you think you have time this weekend (Friday or Saturday) to show me a general layout for 9 - 12 holes?
mook

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all you wondering what is going on with the June Monthly Tournament, it has officially been renamed the Mink Creek Monthly. It will still be held on June 23rd and we will be playing a temporary course installed at the Mink Creek Recreation (Cross Country Ski) Area just outside of Pocatello near Scout Mountain.

We will play 2 rounds of 18 holes wih a lunch break in between. I would bring a lunch with you as it is a good 20-25 minutes to town.

Directions: Take I-15 to the Portneuf exit 63 south of Pocatello (just south of Century High School) take a right off the offramp and then a quick left over the railroad tracks onto Fort Hall Mine Road. You will take a right (West) on Portneuf Road, it will wind around and pass an LDS church. When the road ends, you will hit Bannock Highway, take a left (South) on Bannock Highway. You will stay on this road for quite awhile (3-5 miles). It will enter Caribou National Forest and after that you will also pass Cherry Springs Day Use area on your right. Keep going and take your first left after the Cherry Springs area onto Mink Creek Rd. Take this road and after you cross a Cow Guard you will the road will start to head up the mountain with a creek and camping area on your right. Just after those initial camping areas will be a little more developed gravel road with a sign that say "Nordic Center". Take this road and stay on the main road thru a gate. The parking area is at the end of this road.

This course has tall grass and winds through the slopes of the skiing area. It is a very fun layout and you don't want to miss it!
Any questions contact Brandon Merzlock at mymookmail@yahoo.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: