7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P.V.D.G.C. S.I.M.S. Points system change
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bemerz

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: P.V.D.G.C. S.I.M.S. Points system change Reply with quote

As of right now we have it set up for the points being added pr person pr tournament for the S.I.M.S.. I want to be fair so i am asking that we put it into a club vote to change the S.I.M.S. points system at the freeman sims. vote for #1 or #2.

#1. Finish the year out the same way we started pr. person pr. tournament for all 8 events.
or.
#2. Switch to the best 5 scores out of 8 tournaments.

I do not wish to create any waves i just want to run a club where everyone is happy. If you cant make it to the Freeman monthly then i would like you to cast your vote here so that we can make the best decision for the club. Thanks

no smack
virus

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

37 views and no comments.. well.. I will start this off. I can see both sides of the discussion. Things have been run a certain way for a while and why change?

I think that it would be beneficial to the majority if we switched things over to a top 5 score system. A lot of the players have things that they cannot get out of or commitments that are more important at times (E.g. Dj cannot make it Saturday because it is his 21st Birthday). Taking the best 5 scores would allow for people to still be able to compete as well as take care of their lives outside of disc golf. On the other side of the fence.. I think that that does penalize those individuals that do work to be able to make each event. What I propose to counter this is take the best 5 scores, and for each other event that people attend beyond that, they get an extra (1) point. For example, if someone placed 6th in 5 events and then 4th in the other 3, they would receive 28 points.

( 5+5+5+5+5 + *bonus* 3 = 28 points ).

This would make it fair for those that cannot make all of the events, but does not completely penalize those that do. Thoughts..????

*This stemmed from a convo between Brad and me.
cosmo

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that you should have a chance to win or place even if you miss a couple events. Me for example didn't get to play at the jensens grove tourney so i'm pretty much screwed. I think if someone misses a event they should still have a chance to compete. I don't think that I would make a full effort to even make the events if I don't have a chance to compete to place at the end. And I think other people think that way also

I also think the reason to go to all the events is to place better and have a better chance to get some more points. but since we started the year counting all of them I would reluctantly agree to gain some more points if you make all the events. as long as people could still legitimate chance to place at the end.
jellyman

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the top 5 event things and also like the bonus point idea. Mi went back and forth on it, but I think the max of 3 point reward is fair enough. Seems like a good compromise for both sides.

Long live the pres!!!! Shocked
virus

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we ever put this to a vote or did the rain wash us all out?
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all let me say I hate getting on here and having to look at boobs. No, not being sarcastic.

In regards to the point system this is my take.

The point of the series is to find the best overall player. Someone who can play on multiple courses in multiple circumstances and still come out on top. I personally think the idea of any extra points for showing up is pointless. Meaning if the point is to find the best player then there is no point to the extra points. I don't know of a scenario where it will come down to three points anyways and if it did would you want to be the one that wins because you showed up more times? Me personally, no.

I think best 5 out of 8 events is fine and if you make it to all events, good for you, you had three extra tries to drop off a poor performance. That is the advantage of showing up to more tournys. That is my perspective.

Caleb Wolfe
virus

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do forgive me. Had I known that the sight of animated breasts was offensive to you, I would have changed it sooner.
kemmcase

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is for the best 4 scores. If the two extra events that were added to the series this year would of been during the disc golf season than i would vote for 5 or even 6 scores but with having two events 1 late oct and 1 middle novemeber who knows what these two events will bring. If i was serious about winning this year i would not bank on earning any points in these two events. Just my thoughts.

I am glad she finally found her way home
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just got a text from someone stating that pat had changed the picture on here. So I hopped on with all anticipation of saying thank you and I appreciate it. Then I saw the new pic and just have to say what a low life you truly are. No respect for another person.

You truly are a piece of work.

Here's hoping that I never have the pleasure of playing with you again.

Caleb Wolfe
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. whoever the administrator is should delete your account.

Just my opinion though.

Caleb Wolfe
virus

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect there cwolfe, maybe you shouldn't be so quick to throw stones. I do not base my actions in life on trying to appease everyone else, and I do not respond well to negative comments indirectly aimed at me in a public way. Maybe the next time you disagree with something, you should ask the person directly about it rather than posting it to a forum. Respect is a two way street and I do not appreciate an open slam from you.. but then I guess you must be the master of respect..

Here's hoping that I do have the pleasure of playing with you again. Smile
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish that would have been your reply the first time I said something about your avatar.

I feel somewhat the same way you do. I mention that I do not like seeing boobs on this website and you openly post a more obscene image of the same thing. I don't know about you but that seems just as bad if not worse than an open slam.

I agree with respect being a two way street, but I also believe that a person has the ability to lose that respect which you have from me. I am sure I have lost respect from others do to the open slam. I did say those things in the heat of the moment and for that I am sorry. I don't think that you are a low life, I am just disappointed.

Thanks for changing your avatar.

Caleb Wolfe
jellyman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So hard to post on topic now.......

Anyway, the thing is for me is that it doesn't seem like any kind of system can be perfect to find the "best" player. if you count all the events then life can get in the way and miss an event, if you give bonus points for attending extra events you could win by a small margin to get a cheap win, and if it's just top 4/5 you can not even go to freeman/Bengal/sister and still win. Idk.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me much. I plan on making all the events unless something crazy comes up. I see both sides of it and I'm good with whatever pleases the most people and gets the biggest crowds out to play.

Thanks brad for all your hard work.
willyum96

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLZ love you B

Last edited by willyum96 on Wed May 30, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
bemerz

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I will not permit this on the website at all. This is not a forum for this kind of conduct. I am ashamed. If any one else decides to act this way on this site i will make it so you are kicked off for good. If you want to crap talk each other exchange #s and call each other. Quit representing the club in this fashion. If you dont have something nice to say dont say it at all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: