9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesday League 4/11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many additional holes to have?!
None. (Lame)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1 new tasty.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2 sexy shooters.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3 nasty new ones!
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

virus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Wednesday League 4/11 Reply with quote

So we are going to try some fun stuff today for league! We are going to move some tee placements and add another hole or two just for fun. If we can locate a distance measuring wheel.. we will also have a big drive contest.. or just throw to see how big your rip is. Very Happy Bring your booze and your A game cause it's going to be fun!
willyum96

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a lot we can do with the park and new tee placements...we could push threes box back towards the fence is a fun one...get a similar layout with the three extra holes as with the ice bowl!
virus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be for league today only. We are not going to be making anything permanent.. just a fun mix it up form the same course we all play many times a week. Smile I would love some new permanent holes.. but not yet.
bemerz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say im back. Also i do not like people taking liberties with the leagues. We have them set a certain way for a reason. Everytime someone tries to change something people get confused and i end up having to shell out cash out of my own pocket. Sorry its happened way too much. If you want to try new things get some people together and do it on your own time. Thanks
virus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are back! I am not sure how/why you had to shell out any cash from your own pocket, and I haven't ever heard of any other times with that happening.. sorry if you had to do anything extra! It was a good time. Smile As to them being set a certain way for a reason, I do not know what that reason is. Ross gets rather boring at times, so a change was desired and liked/enjoyed by most. Smile
novosel14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross is a set league. If you want change go to the traveling league. I totally agree with Brad.
virus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez.. You are making it sound like I tried to rewrite the bible or try to get someone to try a different position other than missionary. No worries.. We'll just go back to pounding it from the same old angle. Smile Who knew something so small could stir up so much controversy! Go Ross Park! Smile
kemmcase

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my thoughts on things. Brad does a great job and puts a lot of effort into these leagues and they are his babies. Nobody else in the last couple of years has wanted to start anything else up because people enjoy these leagues.

My probelm is the booze and the language at leagues. I see leagues as people wanting to get more serious about disc golf. It isn't a casual round. When playing in a league that goes along with the club we need to set an example out there. When you have people throwing tantrums, throwing the f bomb down and seeing who can drink the most beers doesn't paint a good picture for possible new members to the league as well as the club. This holds back the leagues and club from growing bigger and better.

AS one of the longest standing club members I take pride in being in a club and trying to improve the game and get new people to play the game i love more serious. I know i am not perfect but atleast i am trying to set a good example for the club.
virus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like and agree with your thoughts Champ. Very Happy
bemerz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree casey nobody wants to put out a bad image for the club. There is only so much you can control. But i also think we have come along way as a club in those regards. All we can do is try to become butthair. Also i would like to mention that i am not going to north dakota till after the ross tourney. And ive got the #1tag if you guys want a shot at it. Il b around
willyum96

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get why this is such a big deal. We asked everyone if they wanted to play the alternate spots that we made and they said yes. The only money that needs to be paid that wasnt there is the 17$ put into the ACE pot, the previous week. It should not be coming out of your pocket bemerz. Anyways lets play at somepoint this week for tags niggy...Ill have a go at that #1 tag!
bemerz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys shouldnt be changn anything about leagues at all period.
kemmcase

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will,

You have to understand if somebody runs something for 4 summers straight and shows up every week to put something organized out for other people to play in and he is gone one week and can't trust that the league will be ran the same it is kind of a slap in the face. If you wanted to try different tee pads it shouldn't of been on the one week that he was gone. It should of been done when he was there if he was okay with it.

I would be pissed to because it would of made me feel like my league wasn't good enough and that running it to give some place to play organize disc golf was a waste of my time.

IF you want to spice things up cause you bored at ross come play at the big boy park at freeman and play dollar skins. I am game anytime.
jellyman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am missing something idk but this is just silly. If Brad has to pay for something due to some problem with a payout change or some similar thing then yeah it makes sense. Everything else I'm confused on, ego or other non important stuff should have nothing to do with league. We all want the same thing from the Ross league. Have a good time, encourage growth of the game, and all the while having some good competition. For the record Brad does an AMAZING job running the league, but like I look at this and can't make sense of it. (unless like I said I am missing some huge issue). Mel and I went and it was really fun to play from the different tee pads. It also would have been fun from the normal pads, but I liked the change. 1's location was really cool because I had never played it from anywhere close to that. What if someone new came and had a good time but then happened to read this whole deal?

I also agree with "the champ" that the biggest problem with leagues is sometimes how people act/talk. Again I greatly appreciate Brad's efforts to tone this kind of stuff down. Like getting upset and making a post about that makes more sense to me than tee pad changes. Mel and were talking about going to league tonight but we have no baby sitter and there is no way I can bring them at this point.

Again Brad I think you are doing a good job. We should always try to do more and strive to make things better for the club/sport. We can always do better and more than we currently are.

now let's stop the bickering and THRIW SOME DISC!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: