10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slumps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jellyman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Slumps Reply with quote

So lately I have just been awful. The Jensens SIMS is where it began for me. It's not even just playing poorly in competition, but really just not playing well ever. The only thing I am doing really really well is my putting within like 3 feet, lol.

Anyway I am in a slump and figure I just need to keep playing until my brain and body sort things out. Anyone else have special remedies for their discing slumps?
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few ideas.

1. If you go to the course and you are not playing well just leave. Take your discs to a field and practice a wide range of shots, don't just throw for distance.

2. Putt more

3. Play forehand only rounds or backhand only rounds to mix it up.

4. Go to Ross Park or Blackfoot and play Putter only rounds.

All four of these things will help you practice and improve your overall game without focussing on your score. #3 and #4 take the pressure off of expecting a good score at the end of the round, but you can have fun and practice.

Focussing on Process Goals instead of Performance or Outcome Goals will help you out a lot (If you don't know what i'm talking about google it). Once your game evolves the tricky part is trying to incorporate all 3 types of goals setting techniques.

Hope that helps. -James
virus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Agreed Reply with quote

I agree with James. I have been in and out of consistency a lot lately, and all the things that he said are very helpful. One thing that I like to do a lot is a lot like his number 4, but I will mix the disc up. I will take two discs with me and play a round throwing nothing but those. It also helps you to learn a wider variety of ways to use each disc.

The other thing that I can say I do that helps is instead of trying to count your score, set a maximum number of errors to shoot for rather than a low score. Everyone has a few bad shots here and there.. but what really matters is the next shot and whether you get that one good. Once a shot is thrown there is nothing you can do to change it, just work on the next shot being as good as you can make it. Smile Hopefully that helps a little.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: