7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kemmcase

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: 2011 Reply with quote

Well the year of 2011 is ending and we see all the shows on tv to give out the awards for best song best picture best....

Me and mark thought it would be best to recap and ask some questions about 2011?

Who was the most improved disc golfer in the portneuf valley area?

Who was the best player in the Portneuf valley area?

Who is your favorite person to play a round of disc golf with?

Finally Who is the biggest smack talker on the disc golf course?

please send feedback!!!
mooch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Like this it could be fun to see who people say

For the most improved disc golfer I would have to say either Shawn or Kyle they both seem to improve there game a lot this year

Best player that is a hard one to say but if I would have to pick on it would be Casey K he seemed to play the most consistent all year and won against some impressive wins against some very good players

They person I would had the most fun playing with this year would have to be Mark as with a lot of people it is always a fun time to play with him even when you get beat by him it is still always fun

The biggest smack talker on the course i'm going to pick say some odd names for this one mostly because of how the season turned out but I would have to say Caleb Wolfe was a pretty big smack talker I herd a lot of smack talking was going on between him a Casey. I would also have to say myself I was pretty confident with my play but wasn't able to back any of it up when it mattered.
onepaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on who I play with, which are the same bunch of jerks...lol

most improved--Kyle, kid has skills when it comes to tournaments but I'll still beat him and take his tag during casual rounds. Close second would be Josh Ely love the angle he puts on the disc

best player--tough call but I'll give it to Casey he played really well this year and beat some good players and even added a few names to the "I don't want to play with Casey" list

favorite to play with--most of my rounds have mooch in them so I'll go with him plus its always fun watching him blow up from time to time too. Enjoy playing rounds with lots of people but Matt English, Kerry Hong and for some odd reason Ty Clark are a few favorites

biggest smack talker--without hesitation or any doubt Casey he will even talk smack to your parents when you're not there I've seen it with my own eye

not on the list but adding a category--biggest cheater--Kerry Hong (you know what you did)
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most improved has got to be Kyle. Although, I'm not convinced he was ever not good at the game. I think he faked playing badly in the beginning.

Best player was definitely Casey. (Notice, I used the word "was". New year is coming Casey.)

Favorite person to play a round with is tough, but I'd have to go with Matt English. Mooch, Mark, Casey, honorable mentions. Had fun with all ya'll.

Biggest smack talker was actually Matt English as well. Many of you may not even have realized he was talking smack, but that's how he does it. He can make fun of you and somehow, you feel better for it.
cosmo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most improved was casey. I didnt even know he disc golfed until this year when he started beating the guy I learned the game from.

I think casey is without a doubt the best and most consistent player in this area.

I really enjoyed all the rounds me mooch and mark played at bengal 10 am SHARP every day. Even with all the crap i took from mark...

And finally Casey is the champ of yet another thing SMACK TALKING...
jellyman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most improved - Kyle....well unless austin is right then its uh kyle.

best - i have to go with the champ Casey/

funnest to play with - i have to be completely bias here and say Mel. I am not just saying this because anyone thats married knows it pretty much sucks doing things with your wife if she hates it. I want to really thank everyone that tries to encourage her throughout the season. she made a commitment to play every tournament and she really had a good time which was also a ton of fun for me. Smile runners up would be David Louden because he is this blind mans ride (if not for him i probably wouldnt play hardly if at all) and ENglish finally got to play a round with matt in a tournament and it was fun.

smack talker - ?????? i dont know what this smack talk thing is? i looked it up to see what it means and no one does that here do they? lol.
jellyman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most improved - Kyle....well unless austin is right then its uh kyle.

best - i have to go with the champ Casey/

funnest to play with - i have to be completely bias here and say Mel. I am not just saying this because anyone thats married knows it pretty much sucks doing things with your wife if she hates it. I want to really thank everyone that tries to encourage her throughout the season. she made a commitment to play every tournament and she really had a good time which was also a ton of fun for me. Smile runners up would be David Louden because he is this blind mans ride (if not for him i probably wouldnt play hardly if at all) and ENglish finally got to play a round with matt in a tournament and it was fun.

smack talker - ?????? i dont know what this smack talk thing is? i looked it up to see what it means and no one does that here do they? lol.
kemmcase

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: casey highlits of the year Reply with quote

Casey Thoughts

MOst improved i would have to say Shae he stepped up his game and started to play some real good golf.

My favorite player to play with in a tournament is Ty Clark for some reason he brings out my best disc Thanks Ty. Also Kerry HOng, Austin, Brad Merzlock love seeing your hot rounds, Mark Landing, Superman love seeing him throw disc and watch him get better and better every throw, Mooch, Kyle love watching those two go at it.

Favoirte round of the year: Was playing with James, Cory, and Mike in the final round at sister. I learned a lot from playing with these guys take advantage the time you get when you are playing with better players

Best Player: I would have to say Mark Lansing he is the two time champ. He is big part of the meaning "People Champ"

Biggest smack talker: Tough one honorable mention is Ty Clark, Team wolf. but my winner is Mark lansing, all i can say is don't 54 putt on hole 6 at ross.

Last award i would really like to give out is a lifetime achievement award to two great players that i really enjoy learning the game from;

Mook and Caleb Wolf:

Mook has been the one who got me into playing disc golf competitivley and has showed me a lot about the game. He has done it the right way and is a great leader in promoting the sport of disc golf in the area
Caleb,
Since i have been playing you have been the guy that eveybody has been gunning for. You have been a great person to learn the game from and have taught me the most about how to approach a round of disc golf. When most people think of disc golf it is a negative view because they think they are drugies and drunks but you have set an example of how competitive disc should be approach

I just want to thank both of these guys for everything they have done for disc golf in the pocatello are.
thank you

the "peoples Champ"
bemerz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011 yes was definetly a success in many ways. We destroyed the PVDGC overall yearly aces record from 6 aces to 15 aces. We set a new coarse record at Sister City (4Cool -6. (good job casey). Which was the only coarse record broke in poky in 2011. We had coarse record ties on Bengal (46)-8,Upper Ross Park s(40)-14 d(3Cool-16, and also Freeman park (cant remember the score like -9 casey let me know).

We had alot of fun and alot of sponsership that came through for us this year. I better name them off (Brad Merz, Mook Merz, Casy Kem,Steve o , Distance doctor, Nudga, Soccer Rockers, Portneuf Valley Brewing, Ruby tuesdays, Griffis Graphix, Center Street Bar and Grill, and the Strand Salon and spa) thanks from all us with the PVDGC to you. Now here are my thoughts on the rest-

-most overall improvement (tie shay/shawn)
-most aces on the yr (shay kinghorn)
-most putting styles (ty clark)
-biggest smack talker (ty clark)
-best player (caleb wolf)
-best disc dying (matt english)
-best td skills (THE MOOOOOOOOOK)hands down
-best pizza putter (ty clark)
-baldest award (the mook)Smile

Thats all i can think of anyway. 2011 was a great yr i had fun. I already have way more sponsership and events coardinted with other clubs around the area for 2012. Which we will be excited to talk about at the 2012 January PVDGC Kickoff meeting. If you are planning on running for a 2012 Pvdgc officer(pres,vp trasure) let me via text or email. Go P.V.D.G.C.!!!!!!

Pres. Out

-
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I don't live in SE Idaho anymore, but I figured I would chime in from the outside looking in...

Are those tournament/ league records? I know in non tournament rounds better scores have been thrown...
(James Litchfield-Bengal 45= -9) with many witnesses
(James Litchfield-Sister City 48= -6) original layout
(James Litchfield-Ross Park 19= -8 ) 9 hole course

(Paul Litchfield- Bengal 47= -7) just a good score
(Paul Litchfield- Sister City 47= -7) original layout

(Caleb Wolfe- Ross Park 18= -9) 9 hole course

I know Kerry shot -7 at Freeman. anyways.....

-Most improved disc golfer in pvdgc= Kyle
-Best player pvdgc= Casey K. hands down
-Favorite person to play with= Casey K and Mooch
-Biggest smack talker down there= Casey K

Wish I got down there to play with all of you more often.
bemerz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i asked the people who knew about these things from way back (mook/caleb) they both said -8 at bengal in league/tourney nice on the -9 at bengal. James you should definetly play with some of us next yr. And yes -8 on 9 at Upper Ross Park is the rec on 9. (37). have fun in the snow yall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: