5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sanctioned event Bengal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooch

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Sanctioned event Bengal Reply with quote

Ok guys I originally had plans not to run an event this year but as things go I just can't sit back and do nothing I got the Ok from Derek Ford (our PDGA Idaho Rep) for the date of September 17 to run an event. I know that is a week after the sims but this is the only date that really seemed like a good date to get the max amount of people from Boise and Utah. I know a lot of the Utah and Boise guys are wanting a event at Bengal again so we should have a bigger turn out then we had last year which would be great.

Would the club be willing to sponsor the event similar to last year?

If anybody is wanting to help out check with me I will be the tournament director and already have plans so if you are wanting to help please check with me so we don't end up doing the same thing twice. I feel that the two tournaments that I was involved with last year really helped me learn how things are run and will help with how this event will be run.

Thanks hope that everybody is looking forward to it Please post with any questions you have thanks Mooch (Lefty Cheater)
onepaw

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats the best idea you have had all year!! Bengal needs a sanctioned tournament every year. Count me in for being there and if there is anything I can do to help out let me know. I will for sure sponsor a hole and dig thru my stash of plastic for some discs to add to the payouts or whatever
kemmcase

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooch,

This should be a great tournament. I am up for helping in whatever you need man. I can sponser a hole or do whatever you need.

Everybody lets help mooch out to make this tournament stand out like everybody elses tournaments like the creekside open, Bake Potato and other ones like this
mooch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This event is canceled I'm just not going to have the time or the ability to run it the way that it needs to be run I will see what I can do to make this event happen next year. sorry
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of some out of town people that were interested and planning on attending this tournament because of it being sanctioned and on a great course. I have talked with Brandon about sanctioning the SIMS event, but we have some concerns. This is your venue to post objections to the proposed scenario.

The SIMS is low cost, low hassle, high fun

Sanctioned is higher entry fee, more competition, more hassle, high fun still.

For points in the SIMS it would still count toward your 4 top tournaments in the SIMS. However if you are not a member of the PDGA you would need to pay an additional 10.00 plus higher entry fee. ( I am not a current member and would have to pay the 10.00) We are wondering if this is going to keep people who would have come to the SIMS from coming.

Entry fees we have not discussed, but would be somewhere in the ball park of 45.00 open 35.00 advanced 25.00 intermediate 15.00 beginner/women

We would also consider moving the SIMS to the week of the 17th since this is the date that the out of towners already have on the schedule. Please post your concerns.

Thanks You,

Caleb Wolfe
cosmo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of santioning the tournament. I dont think the extra entry costs should deter people from coming out. I dont care what weekend its on,and like the idea of having more people coming from out of town and adding some competition.
staatsy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not still consider throwing both tourneys? SIMS on the 10th and sanctioned on the 17th? If the out-of-town folks were already targeting the 17th, then what's the harm in having the SIMS championship the week before - locals could consider it a "warm up."

Of course, this is easy for me to say, since I haven't been able to make it to any of the SIMS yet this year - although I was planning on making it to both the Bengal tourneys....
mook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that I am only running one event so someone who have to take either the SIMS or the C-Tier. Also, you are going to kill attendance at both events running them a week apart as most people will either come to one or the other but not both.
staatsy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I agree with the "killing attendance" part, but we could argue that back and forth and never be able to prove it.

What about running both at the same time? Pay the SIMS entry fee, and you're only playing for SIMS points and prizes. Pay the sanctioned fee and either you're only playing the sanctioned part or you're playing sanctioned + SIMS.

Now, technically if you play both, you're getting a good deal and could be "double dipping" on pay out. So, limit the SIMS entries to only those who have been to a minimum number of other SIMS tourneys - two or three? One? I dunno.

Or even look at the standings in each division and figure that only those folks within 10 points of top 3 in each division are allowed to "double dip." Almost makes Bengal a "playoff."

It's a bit more work, but it could be a reasonable compromise for those who may not want to shell out the extra cash for the sanctioned tourney, but still play the SIMS finale.

Mook - let me know how I can help out, what ever direction you decide to go.

Eric
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, but I feel that it would not be fair to those traveling to play in a sanctioned event. If you have half the field that is playing sims then you cannot count that money toward any PDGA payouts. For those coming from out of town you would have a tournament with say 50 people and payouts would be weak if only 25 of those were actually paying the sims price.

I have received some anonymous entries stating that they would rather see the SIMS than the sanctioned. So maybe we just do the SIMS and MOOCH if you could please post on GEM STATE website or let someone know that it was cancelled so that we don't have people showing up. Not everyone looks on this site for tournament info. I will let the people in UTAH know on Thursday.

Caleb Wolfe
bemerz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already been advertising the tournament as a sims event for the local sponsers. And had shirt design as the sims champioship. Its not going to be a sanctioned tourney. If someone wants to throw/run a sanctioned bengal event the 17th they can. But it wil not be associated with the sims. Sorry we had this figured out since spring. But I am all in favor of having a yearly sanctioned bengal event. Our club focus this year was the sims.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: