7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zoo Town Open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottW

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Zoo Town Open Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Since the results for Walcott are not posted yet I will tell you how my weekend tournament went. I played in the 2nd Annual Zoo Town Open in Missoula, MT, which was the 4th stop in the Inland Northwest Series of events - it was also a C-tier tournament. This one overfilled with 100 players on 18 hole which made for a slightly slow, but not too bad, tournament. We even had 6 Open women and 8 Adv. Am women in this one, that was cool to see all the ladies. There were some slight modifications to Blue Mountain for this tournament. We, as usual, played a morning round of the white (shorter) tees and an afternoon round of the blue (longer) tees. On hole 10 which is a 500+ ft, wide open, ripper, they put in a roped off area of OB in many people's typical landing area so you either had to lay up short or go for the ripper and fly over it. Hole 12 they were going to do a "moat" area of OB but for some reason decided against it, I liked it. Hole 15 we played the blue tee and usual pin location for the white round, and the blue tee with a new pin location and a mando for the blue round. Hole 17 has a pin location that we use for tournaments only which is a peninnsula with rather steep drop offs on 3 sides.

I had been fighting with myself recently as to which division would be best for me to play in due to a rather poor showing at our state tournament last fall. I decided to play Intermediate Ams for this one and was getting an earfull from other intermediate players even before we played. For the first round I shot a 2 down (52) which was my second best round ever from whites and was quite good for the tournament. Many other guys in other divisions didn't shoot as well as they usually do which made my score look that much better. After round 1 I was leading the Intermediates by 5, would have been in 1st in Advanced by 2, and would have been in a 3-way tie for 6th had I been in Open Shocked

One of our club members hooked us up with a sweet, free catered lunch before we dove into the second round from the long tee boxes. For the second round I started on hole 15 which had the new pin location and mando. The mado was easy (almost pointless) and my drive was good, my second shot got me into trouble and I struggled to walk away with a 5 going into the hardest, most technical hole on the course which I also proceeded to 5 Evil or Very Mad not cool. I managed another ugly 5 on hole 17 to put me 6 up after just 3 holes Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad perfect Exclamation I got a nice 3 on hole 18 and watched another guy in my flight eat a 7 and lose his composure, he also tried to tell me he only took a six but after I went through each shot with him he agreed with me, I was kind of a jerk about it but hey, he was wrong, plus it was kinda funny to see. I bogied hole 1 to go to 7 up after 5 holes but managed to ace hole 2 with a sweet little anhyzer with my putter. I had given up on the shot because it was blind and was walking off the tee box when I heard chains and my spotter yelled "ACE Exclamation " That got my head back in the game, I was able to deal with being 5 up and played pretty well after that. I smoked my drives on hole 10 both rounds, well safe of the OB, and managed to finish my second round at 8 up, not my best but not bad.

I ended up getting first by 9 shots over second place and 11 over third. I felt like the old guy picking on the little kids because 2nd and 3rd places were 14 and 15 years old respectively. Oh well, I got an earfull and am looking to play advanced at the Lilac City Open in Spokane next month, though I may stay Intermediate for the remaining Inland Northwest Series Tourneys that I play in to keep my points going. If I had played Advanced I would have been in a 3-way tie for third, and would have finished 1 shot out of the money in open (12th or 13th place). Oh well, we had a great tournament and I won some great prizes, plus my wife finished second in Advanced Women.

I am dying to hear about Walcott from anyone.

heres the link to Zoo Town Results, where's Walcott's at, these tournaments were the same day Question
http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=6767&year=2007&includeRatings=1#Intermediate
ScottW

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was finally smart enough to go to the LWO website to get the results Embarassed Boy, Cory Sharp sure seems like a little bugger, quite the player Exclamation Caleb were you content with your play Question Brandon Question What happened to Brad Question I thought Matt S. from Boise would have been all over the Advanced field, anyone know what happened there Question Nice job Lance, Kerry, and Adrian Exclamation Looks like Lance and Kerry might be knocking on the "sandbaggers" door Laughing Nice job everyone else that played, looks like another great tourney. I'll be looking forward to seeing player ratings posted on the PDGA soon.
ScottW

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the rare, albeit brief, double post that came up with this topic, I deleted it. It's weird because the second one that came up was the first one I submitted and I though my computer deleted it. I was having a hard time staying logged in to the website and previewing posts before I submitted them that day. The website was giving me fits that day Evil or Very Mad . Oh well, it worked.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

I was pleased with my play the first round although I was shooting for a 10 down, but was not complaining.

The second round I was really frustrated, but looking back on it I still shot 6 down which was the second best score of the first round so I decided that I failed this round mentally. I missed a 15 foot put on 5 for my 3 which I let get to me a little.

My rating was only 959 or something like that for the second round, and I can't remember when I have had a rating like that at walcott. I would have liked a rating at 980+.

The tournament was a lot of fun and the competition was very good. Cory missed another 20 foot put on 5 for a bird.

Anyways, good job on your tournament. Lance and Kerry aren't baggers yet because they haven't won. Logan came really close taking second place.

I talked to Matt S. and he stated that it was his own fault for not taking the tournament in advance. He just wasn't on for some reason.

Charles Parsons got an ace on, I think hole 12.

PDGA results are posted so you can check them out.

Caleb Wolfe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Results All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: