6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soda Springs Event this year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
English101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Soda Springs Event this year? Reply with quote

I just got the following email from Jon Lyksett:

Hi, Matt...

I hope this is a good email address for you.

Due to new job responsibilities and projects, there is no way that I can run a tournament in Soda Springs (or anywhere else, for that matter). Could you put the word out through the local scene that we need someone to certify as an official (there is a new test...all old officials certifications are null) and set something up with the parks and rec people there?

Thanks,

jon

Jon Lyksett
785-8915

I suppose that if we are going to have a tourney in Soda this year it will be up to us. Any thoughts here?
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to be Co-TD or something like that if someone would like to take the lead on this one. At the club meeting, we had discussed doing this thing in July, which would be perfect. We could easily run a good C-tier out there, if we start planning now.

Maybe we can get some NUDGA help (or Mook's club) with running and sponsorship.
mook

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on NUDGA's Board of Director's now and can tell you with an emphatic YES that we are interested in helping out with this tournament. Let me know what you need the most down the road and we will be glad to help with running, possible sponsorship, and a bunch of entrants!
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I want to get this ball rolling. Does anyone have any heartburn with this event on July 23rd? Targhee is the 30th, Baked Potato is the 9th.

If anyone wants to actually run this thing, we need to get the sanctioning paperwork submitted by 3/11 so this thing can get into the planning stages and we can start getting some sponsors.

I am going to hop onto the PDGA website and get certified to be an official. Anyone else who'd like to run a PDGA event this year will also need to be certified before they can run an event (PDGA policy).
English101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 23rd sounds great. Mook will you or Austin contact the Park and Rec. guys in Soda? Mook, I think you already know them...

Anyway let's get this on the calendars. Austin will you get it with the "Gem State and SIC" guys and Mook on the NUDGA and TUDG calendars?

I'm in to help too. Always up for making another set of cool trophy discs too.

At the meeting the club agreed to pay for a couple of members to become "certified officials" Let me know Austin and we will get you reimbursed.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got emails into Jeremiah and Mook to check their schedules for this date to make sure there are no glaring issues.

Mook, I'd like to rely on you to get with the Soda Parks guys or let me know who I can contact to get this thing done right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: