Disc
Golf
Idaho!
header image
Home
FAQs
Contact Us
Links
Courses
Events Calendar
November 2014
S M T W T F S
262728293031 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Club Meeting Rescheduled for Feb. 26, 2011

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
English101



Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 366

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Club Meeting Rescheduled for Feb. 26, 2011 Reply with quote

The Lake Walcott "Iced Over Bowl" is on the 19th, I don't want to conflict, and I am hoping to play.

While this is not set in stone, I want to get a date on people's schedules for a club meeting. We have a lot to discuss.

10:00 - Annual "Trader Joes" convention...meet, eat (doughnuts provided), swap some plastic.

10:30 - Outline schedule and plan for 2011 season. (This is an open discussion, so please come and share your opinion on what you think is best or what you would like to see. (Agenda to follow)

11:00 - Club Officer Nomination/Elections

After - Beat the new club officers in a quick round of disc golf.

Open to suggestions or changes, just want to get this on the board. Location has yet to be determined...Any suggestions?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bemerz



Joined: 01 Oct 2009
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. We are working on a location but, will know soon. I am good to go again as far as running leagues. As for the presidency goes I will not be running for pres. this year. I want to let someone else take on the responsibility who has more time to invest toward the club. GO MOOCH!!!!! I think he would be an excellent candidate.

Matt, I have tried to get ahold of lance to get the bag tags done by the meeting. Its in progress. We will be taking club dues at the meeting to start off this year. Also, we will try to make merch alittle easier to get to this year for club members.

We also will be affiliating bag tags alot more with leagues this year and possibly re-introducing the SIMS. See you at the meeting and GO MOOCHAROOSKY for pres. lets have another good year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
English101



Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 366

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still going to happen? We talked about holding the meeting at the Baptist Church accross from Pocatello High @10:00.

Is anyone still planning on attending?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wazowski08



Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 621

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still planning on being there. I'm bringing my stash of trade discs as well.
_________________
God is happiest when His children are at play, so PLAY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kemmcase



Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be at the meeting so these are my thoughts

Topics at the club meeting that i think needs to be discussed!!!

1. Do we want to put the effort into having a club? Should we disban the club and not have one? Be a Extension of the Boise club?

2. If we have the club what is the bennefit for club members? Discout entry fees to monthly series?
Only club member league night? Have to be a member to play

3. What are the top 3 things the club wants to accomplish in 2011?

4. How do we get new members? How do we bring back old members?

This is just my thoughts of what needs to be discussed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wazowski08



Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 621

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are also going to need a treasurer as I am sure Matt is ready to hand off the torch. If anyone wants to take over these duties, consider it and come to the meeting. We can vote on it there.

Sounds like Brad is planning on taking care of the league duties again.

I would like to echo Casey's points about where we need to go from here. If we're going to be a club, then let's do it. We have got some great guys that have decided to leave the club because of one thing or another, and it would be great if we could get some of them back in the fold.

Also, like Matt said, bring your questions, comments, concerns, and ideas for discussion. Looking forward to a productive meeting at First Baptist.
_________________
God is happiest when His children are at play, so PLAY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
novosel14



Joined: 29 Apr 2008
Posts: 258
Location: Pocatello ID

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont be able to make it to the meeting(yet again). I would really like Casey to have my vote if it even counts. I also like the idea of having a small council to the club president so that all the decisions could be discused between more than 2 to 3 people. I will become a paying member of the club again if the "SIMS" made a comeback, I would be willing to run an event if needed. I love the idea of having non PDGA events to bring in more casual players like myself. Paying between $30 and $45 to play a one day torny isnt to appealing to me. On the Bag Tags, I would like to see it made an oppition for club members maybe $5 to $15 on top of club fees. I have been working/school to much to want to have a bag tag(I could count on my hands how many times I got to play last year. I hope all goes well in the meeting. If someone could please make a post after the meeting I would love to hear how it goes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kemmcase



Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEy blake what is your phone number or give me a call today if you could at 241-2332
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louden



Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Posts: 44

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think this morning's meeting was a big success. Albeit there were but a few attendees, a lot of good stuff was brought to the table. I'm glad to see the Sims being brought back, and people starting to once again take a real interest in the club and its functionality. I can't wait for this summer to roll around and the items discussed get put into action! (eg: Sister City signs, Bengal Ridge maintenance, tourney/league advertising) PVDGC all the way!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kemmcase



Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Brad our leader in 2011 it sounds like the meeting was productive. IF anybody was there would you like to share what the club is shooting for in 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Please help support the sport of disc golf in southeast Idaho.