10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SE Idaho Ice Bowl
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Let's Get Together
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: SE Idaho Ice Bowl Reply with quote

The SE Idaho Ice Bowl is on the calendar for January 22nd at Upper Ross Park. More details will follow, but we will be raising food and money for the First Baptist Church Food Pantry, a partner of the Idaho Food Bank.

We chose Upper Ros Park for a number of reasons, including flow of play and accessibility to the park. We'll see if we can set up a few extra holes for a 12-hole layout, maybe do three rounds of 12 or something.

Either way, mark your calendars for this one. Ice Bowls are always fun.
Noah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the merchandise a bit ago. We'll be handing out a small player's pack to the first twenty registrants day of. We've also got a whole bunch of discs to hand out as prizes to winners. Gonna try to get some additional sponsors for some more small prizes. Handing out flyers this week to Soccer Rockers and gonna hang up some flyers at the courses. Plan on being there. We're gonna have chili and corn bread for lunch, on the house. Either way, $20 gets you a player's pack and lunch.

Our modest goal is to raise 500 lbs of food for the food bank. Come help get some food out to hungry folks in the community.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this thing submitted to community calendar at the ID state Journal, KPVI, KIDK news.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright gang, here's a brief update. We've got several different chili reciepes being made for lunch. We'll have chili (with all the dressings), cornbread, hot chocolate, cider, and cookies for lunch between rounds. All of this will be free to entrants.

Still working on sponsorship for some small prizes, but we will be paying out as many people as possible. We'll have a pay out of more than 50% of the field, so you've got a good chance of winning some schwag.

The first 20 entrants will receive a player's pack.

Don't forget, the people who bring the most food individually will compete in a playoff for an official Ice Bowl Hoodie.

Last note I would like to emphasize, we will be selling mulligans for $1 a peice with no upper limit. Buy as many as you want. Prizes will be awarded to the mulligan and non-mulligan used rounds.

All money and food raised will go straight to the 1st Baptist Food Pantry, so please be generous.
staatsy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Updates? Reply with quote

Austin - can you give any further updates for the Ice Bowl this coming Saturday? Time? Schedule? Format (you mentioned potential 3x12 above somewhere)?

Just curious. Looks like it's going to be freakin' cold...perfect for an ice bowl Smile

Eric
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, I totally forgot to put any of the specifics up on this forum. My bad.

3 Rounds of 12 holes
Registration at 9:00 am at Hole 4 at Upper Ross
Player's meeting at 9:45am
Tee off at 10:00 am
Lunch around 12 noon ish (Might go 1 round - lunch - two rounds - awards format)

$20 + 5 cans of food to get in

Big push, folks that bring the most food will compete in a playoff for a Black 2011 Ice Bowl Hoodie

Still mulling the idea of Doubles (pick ur pardner), but we'll decide morning of depending on who shows up.

First 20 entrants get players packs

Mulligans for $1, not limit.

Ummm ... I think that is the jist of it. Again, we've got a couple dozen disc prizes and whatever else we can pick up for schwag this week.

If you can't tell by the tone of this post, the key to this tournament is casual fun. We are playing to raise as much food and cash as possible for the hungry and needy in our community. Of course, our club cannot meet without some healthy competition, and we'll have that.

Don't let the weather scare you away, Ice Bowls are always fun, guaranteed. Be there.
novosel14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pocatello Sandpiper gave us two sets of $30 gift certificates as prizes. I am not sure If I am going to play this weekend, but I will for sure drop them off before the palyers meeting. I hope there is as good of a turn out as Matt and I had last year(27 players). Everyone plaese bring alot of food and buy as many mulligans as possible! It all goes to a really good cause!
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Blake. In addition, Pita Pit and Bannock Storage have provided some sponsorship. We will now have a three-burner propane heater at HQ to keep us from freezing to death.

If you're on the fence over whether or not you want to come, let me help you:

You need to come.

There, now you can blame me for forcing you to come to the event against your will. No more decisions to be made.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! Let's add Chili's and Five Guys as sponsors. With all of the donations, we'll have between $120 and $170 in added prizes to give away.
jellyman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin, I just want to say thanks in advance for putting this on and to everyone who has/is helping.
novosel14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to brad at soccer rockers, he is going to give a small donation. Also he will have first run star vulcans on Friday. I will post when on the soccer rockers post.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!!!!!!

(The use of many exclamation points makes Matt very happy.)
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, gang. I have a request for ya'll for the Ice Bowl. I am planning on having three extra holes. That means I will need three extra baskets for the day. Can anyone bring theirs for us to use during the event? I'll bring my Ching.
staatsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin - I can bring mine, but it's not metal. I'll throw it in anyway, just in case.

Oh, and nice work getting the tourney info in to the paper today!

Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Let's Get Together All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: