7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PVDGC 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kemmcase

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: PVDGC 2011 Reply with quote

I am ready to play some disc but i am bottled up in the ice cave of idaho falls.

I still got 5 months of this snow crap

Down to business though:

What do people want out of the club in 2011?

MOnthly series?
PDGA Events?
Bag Tags?
Community service projects?
New Member drive?

I am just throwing it out there so we can get some conversation so when the season starts we have a sense of where the club wants to go for the year. I think we need to have a meeting in Jan. to talk about the year of 2011.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow is a lame excuse not to play disc golf. Speaking of which, don't forget that the Idaho Ice Bowl series (unofficial) begins with Soda o nthe 17th, follwed by the Poky Ice Bowl, then the Boise Ice Bowl, then the Walcott Ice Bowl.

As far as expectations of the club, I know there are loose plans for a large event in IF/Poky with PDGA sanctioning. Also, Gem State is running a bunch of events, as well as NUDGA. I am not sure we need to focus too much effort onto a Monthly series, so much as encouraging the support of already established events.

Getting more involved in community outreach would be great.

Bag Tags would be cool, but only if there is a clear goal to winning.

I know Brad is planning on trying to organize a winter meeting in January, so we may need to be patient on that regard. IT sounds like we're going to have some leadership turnover this year, so we'll need to make sure we gat as many members as we can at the meeting.
English101

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a bit more definition of the club leadership and the specific roles and functions that they (myself included) should serve.

Honestly, I don't really care much about bag tags.

I hope that we can get signs up at sister city this year. I also would love to see the back 9 with tee pads.

A couple of PDGA events in the region would be nice, but it sounds like that is going to happen anyway.

I would also like the following:

Somebody to create a type of tee pad that is imbeded with a permanent ice melter that will stay dry year round.

I would like to defeat the all-powerfull Mike Honcho at Walcott.

I would like to throw a birdie on 18 at Bengal

I still want one of those hover-boards from Back to the Future.

I want to play at least one good disc golf course in every state.

I want to be able to forehand flick an flx buzz like that dude from Parks and Rec.

I wish I was in touch with the "Zen/Buddah" core of disc golf like Steve Larsen, Brady Belnap, and Casey Locke.

I want to throw a 150 dx teebird into a headwind and have it go as straight as that "one paw" guy.

I wish for a purple 11x opaque champ t-bird

All of that having been said, I just hope we get to play golf a lot over the next year. As a disc golfer in the area we live in fortunate circumstances.
Noah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, everything that has been mentioned would be awesome.
Especially the specific break down of leadership roles, events close to home (for those of us who might not be abel to travel) and I personally miss the monthly searies.
onepaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monthly series-really liked this but understand its a lot of work for someone to take on. its nice to play all the different courses we have in our area

PDGA events-with no monthly series what else is there?

bag tags-like the idea and think if there were specific bag tag events it would be better

community service-cant go wrong there

new members-again cant go wrong

things i want to know.....

when is the club meeting? 2 or 3 weeks notice would be nice so people can plan to attend. not everyone reads the forum a posting at courses and soccer rockers might draw a few more

whats the agenda? are we voting for pres/treasurer? i would like to know who is running and what their plan is for the next year.
would also like to know the duties/responsibilities of pres/treasurer?

when are club membership fees due? if someone is running for pres/treasurer i would hope they are PAID member. same goes for who gets to vote can anybody vote or just PAID members. Matt can give an accurate count but think there was only like 20 paid members last year
staatsy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do an Ace Race again this year and tentatively get it on the calendar for October 8th. Course preference? Bengal this year?

I like the idea of bag tags, but it seems like we would need to have a little more incentive/enthusiasm for it to work out. Honestly, I don't care about the tag itself - make it as cheap as possible. The fun in the bag tags is the friendly competition and the friendly banter/trash talking. I would also make all local tourneys mandatory bag tag events...and redistribute based on overall finish/score at the end of the tourney. Also make league night a mando tag event. Just ideas. Would it help to pay out top 3 as an incentive?

Caleb read and went through the club's original charter at one of last year's meetings. Any chance we can get that posted to the site somewhere? (if it's already there, please point me to it)

This winter seems to be dragging on...can't wait to see you guys out on the courses!

Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: