9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 ACE RACE - Sister City - October 16th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
staatsy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: 2010 ACE RACE - Sister City - October 16th Reply with quote

Who: Everyone, regardless of experience or skill level!
What: 2010 Discraft Ace Race
Where: Sister City Park, Pocatello
When: 10:00 AM (start time - show up early to get your player pack) October 16th
Format: 2 Rounds of 18, Course modified to fit disc
Cost: $25
What you get: 2 prototype discs (I believe this year both are premium plastic - ESP), mini, hat, sticker, and die-cast chrome "bag tag" (aka a fancy key chain) - Total value of $67
How it works: One throw per hole. Only Aces and Metal hits are counted. Person with most aces at the end of 36 holes wins grand prize of a new Discraft bag and 8 new Discraft discs.
How to Register: Email estaats (at) gmail (dot) com or join at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=373805691260 by SEPTEMBER 29th

2010 prototype disc revealed:

http://discgolfacerace.com/

Description: Players have been asking for something more overstable, and in our 8th year we finally decided to give in. Here you go, sports fans!

The 2010 Ace Race prototype is a fast, overstable midrange. It has good speed for a mid, longer glide than you'll expect, and a medium strong finish. When you turn it over it will always come back unless you really torque it. Will hold a line in a moderate to strong headwind. We are looking forward to hearing the chains you ring with it!

This is a fun end of year event. You get a ton of schwag for the entry fee, plus I hope to have some additional sponsorship stuff to give away.

I'm not taking pre-registration $$$ this year - I didn't like having to pay Paypal for each registration. So, if you're interested, either email me at estaats (at) gmail (dot) com or join the Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=373805691260

I will order enough for those who join the page or contact me plus some extras. Let me know by SEPTEMBER 29th, as I will be placing orders later that week. If you pre-register by letting me know, I will hold a player pack for you until the start of the event.

I am also looking for sponsors. If anyone would like to donate schwag or knows of a good sponsor, please let me know.

Any profit from this event will be donated back to the club.

I can't wait to throw this disc!

Eric S.

Last edited by staatsy on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Noah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eric for putting this event on again.

Last years Ace Race was awesome!

I encourage everyone to make it out for this event.
staatsy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bumping this topic up, as it's getting closer. I've made some changes to the initial post, so re-read and contact me/join the Facebook page so I can get a head count. No pre-registration this year - if you say you're going to be there, I'll hold a player pack for you until 10:00 AM. After that, it's fair game if there are any waiting.

Eric
novosel14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric I will be there.
mooch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eric I will be at the ace race.
English101

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on it too.
staatsy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here is the attendee list thus far:

Eric Staats
Mooch
Matt English
Noah Hess
Lance Clark
Jordan Miller
Dustin Hinton
Paul Litchfield
Mike Arnold
Blake Novosel
Austin Petit
Mark Lansang
Erik Carlson
Skyler Brown
Casey Locke
Dr John

"Maybe"

Casey Kemmerrerererer
James Litchfield
Caleb Wolfe
Jamie Steffen

That's 16 confirmed and 4 maybes. I'll be ordering player packages later today, so if your name isn't on the list, contact me ASAP. My email address is in the original post.

I'll be ordering a few extras, but not many. Also, if you'd like a players pack and can't make it, let me know - I'll order you one and arrange a way to get it to you.

As an update - I believe both discs in the player package are ESP.

I'll be heading out to Sister in the coming weeks to mark out the course. I'll post the dates/times here, so if anyone would like to tag along and have a say in what the Ace Race configuration will be, they have the opportunity.

Seeing as how the Ace Race doesn't take that long (less than 2 hours to play the 36 holes), I was also thinking that maybe we could run a random-draw doubles tourney after the Ace Race, where at least one throw on each hole has to use the Ace Race disc. Just 18 holes - but it could be fun.

Eric S.

Last edited by staatsy on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,

I'd love to come out there with you and help with the lay out. Let me know when you're headed out, maybe we can pack a mid-range or two and play the lay out while we're out there.
DrJohn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,ll be there if you confirm me @ 208-220-8306 ! Thanks
John T. Van Houten "Dr.John"
staatsy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - player packs ordered. The confirmed people above are guaranteed a package if they show up before 10 AM.

Everyone else (including the "Maybes") - first come, first served. There will be a handful of extras.

Eric
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric-
I probably won't be able to make it because this is the weekend after the USDGC and i am planning on coming back to poky the weekend after your ace race. Someone else can grab the player pack you were going to save for me.

I can say i played the Ace Race here in Boise and for discraft discs these ones are nice. They are fast overstable midranges.

Hope everyone has a good time and my brother gets some aces. Maybe i can catch a round with some people the following weekend
staatsy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be playing/laying out the course this coming Friday starting around 10:00 AM. Anyone who is available is welcome to join me.

One additional favor - The course I'm laying out may need a few "temporary" baskets. I have one, but may need up to 4-5 more. Would anyone be willing to loan their baskets for a few hours on Saturday? I can let you know for sure if we need them Friday afternoon.

FYI - we may be making use of BOTH A and B positions for a few holes by moving baskets from other holes. The normal Sister City course probably won't be a fully playable 18 holes during the Ace Race, but we'll move everything back to normal right afterwards.

Thanks!!

Eric
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can throw in a Ching if needed. Let me know.
bemerz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey eric i will be attending this great event. also staying after for a few hours to help with teepads TAKE CARE NOW BYE BYE THEN. ERIC ROCKS THE FOREARM HISOUSE
staatsy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think the course is figured out. I hope to be moving some baskets this evening around dusk.

We'll need 3 temporary baskets - if Austin can bring one, then we'll use mine and Mark has volunteered one, also.

There's been quite a bit of post-registration interest in the tournament. If you weren't pre-registered, you might want to get there by 9:00 A.M. to stake claim to your player's pack.

It'll be fun. May take a little longer than Ross last year - get ready to do a little walking Smile

Thanks all,

Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: