7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SISTER FRONT 9 PADS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bemerz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: SISTER FRONT 9 PADS Reply with quote

So I know we as a club have alot going on right now. That being said we (matt and I) have got a sollid number put together for front 9 teepads at Sister City. Here is the breakdown on the pads essentially we are going with the same pads as Walcott. 3/4 inch rubber pad that is 3'x7' at $50 plus tax. So roughly $450 to $500 for rubber. Then we anchor the rubber to lumber in the ground (pressure treat or redwood to avoid rotting). anyway enough info the next step is putting together the support to istall the pads (people,time,date) lets start putting it together. Lance what do we need from parks an rec. to get going. I have every weekend that there isnt a tourney to help. Lets get talking! Lets get rockin on this course!! Who is willing to put a good hand forward.
English101

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is awesome news. We have, as a club, enough money to take care of the first 9 holes. Once this is approved, I am game almost any Saturday.

How long does it take to install these t-pads? How long will it take to do the front 9?
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to check with my boss. we have been getting complaints from residents near 1 and 2 about trespassing, property damage and rude behavior.

My boss wants to consider a minor re-design...give me 2 weeks. you can set a date now but make it 2+ weeks away.
bemerz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we have the right direction each teepad should take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. Some longer than others being ground leveling, hole location, and prep work. Easily acheavable in a weekend or two.

Lance i hope we dont have to redesign any of the holes but at the same time if we dont cater to the surrounding patrons we wont be able to have the course. Its really kind of a downer to hear that people are not respecting the surrounding areas. I hope we can try to set a better example as disc golfers up at sistercity. I think a good start date would be the 28 29 weekend or even after the doubles tourney. Get back with us on what the boss has to say. It would be cool to have some in for the double tourney.
novosel14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK!!! Odds are the poeple who live on hole one-two have had a few disc in their yard, that is it! Sorry the park has got more people attracted to it in the past year compaired to the past 20 years. My response to them would be to build a bigger fence. Sorry the CITY PARK is no longer thier back yard!!! The course is awsome and the ONE change I could think of is to move the # 2 tee pad a little to the right. No way at all hole one is a problem unless you have a arm like Fiet and can reach it on a single shot! I rember our SIMS event last year when people S%$* their pants when we showed up there to play and Im sure feelings havent changed since. This is a city park and the people need to understand it is not their back yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by novosel14 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am going to have to disagree a little with you Blake. i don't believe the complaint was that disc golfers were playing in the Park. the issue was that they were playing in there back yard, litterally. I have a big issue when a dog craps in my yard and I don't have a dog. i think this is the same. if I don't play disc golf or if I do, I don't want anyone throwing a disc from my yard.
I think the solution is to let the neighbors know that we are doing everything we need to so that they don't have this issue.
One suggestion would be to make a sign by teebox 2 stating that they are not to throw a disc into the yard and if they do they will need to ask the owner of the house to retrieve the disc for them. Just like when we were little and the baseball went over the fence. this at the least will make disc golfers more consious of peoples yards.

My 2 cents for what it is worth. Now would be the time to move the teebox if we are going to. but with that we need to let the neighbors know that we are doing this for them. As a club we could talk to the owners of the house directly and let them know that we don't want people in their yards and this is what we are doing to make that happen. Maybe we could give them a club contact so that they are not calling the city all the time. Just some more thoughts.

thanks,

Caleb Wolfe
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more note, I don't know if people were throwing from the yards or not, but they obviously don't like something about discs going into their yards, I think the approach should be the same.

Caleb Wolfe
staatsy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Caleb - the folks that live adjacent to the park do have a property line and beyond that line is private property. I wouldn't want people constantly in my back yard looking for their errant disc.

As was said at the club meeting, it's highly likely that the complaints aren't in reference to anyone who posts on this board or are involved with the club - club members are a pretty respectful group that wants to see disc golf thrive and grow.

Knowing that we can't change peoples' behaviors, about the only solution is to move baskets/tees. If that helps remedy the situation with the neighbors and we get to keep the 18-hole course, it sounds like a small price to pay.

I think it shows a lot of respect from the club to be supportive of moving these tees/baskets at the request of the people who live adjacent to the park.

I can probably make it to help out with tee pads if a date and time are nailed down and there's a little lead time.

Eric
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just talked to travis at lake walcott and they used 4 X 4 post for the border. less warping more sturdy and more room available to anchor into. Their pads are 12' long just to give an idea of the 7' size. Solitude has about 7' pads. Where we are mostly on flat ground, that should be fine as we will still have a runup.

Caleb Wolfe
bemerz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as far as i know the schedule for pads depending on lance is the 28th weekend or 18th of september weekend. To start intalling teepads. I do have some days during the week available but i guess we will get there when we get the go ahead from lance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: