10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rubber Teepads for Sister City?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
English101

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Rubber Teepads for Sister City? Reply with quote

I think this has been posted once before, but I was curious what everyone thought about doing rubber teepads at Sister City? (Like the ones out at Lake Walcott)

I enjoyed playing Sister City yesterday, special thanks to those that worked on the upgrades. Nice paths, better tee boxes...very fun.

Maybe if we have a meeting and collect dues, we can use the money to buy the material for the tee pads and signs. I don't know about the cost, but I can price it out if that is what we want to do.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that rubber tee pads would be great. I've priced them a little, and, depending on the way we want to go, they can be a bit cheaper than concrete. From what I've gathered, we're looking at $1000 - $1900 to get all 18 holes set up.

The more important aspect is this, and some won't care, but for those of us who'll be helping with the install, imagine hauling 60 or 80# bags of concrete around Sister City. We'd have to dig, build a frame, mix and pour the concrete, and then let it dry for some time.

If we use rubber pads, we would need to haul a pre-cut section of rubber out to the pad, anchor it into the ground, and that's it. Ready to play.
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should get somthing going. The rubber pads will still need sod removed, a frame built and some sort of fill material (sand I think) but it will go quick with a big crew.

I'm tired of a certain someone complaining that they can't break out their cannon arm on natural pads.
bemerz

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres the facts brad cannot do everything. I have assigned bag tags and the getting together of the dues meeting to collin. I have told people time and time again that i will take money for club dues but nobody wants to bite. Also we dont have anybody to take discs to league etc. so were not making money there. You guys want a cool course you have to pay for it. i will gladly start slingin discs i just need them.
bemerz

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, Brad, Collin, and Mooch we all need to have a presidency meeting next week. Maybe after league, or before one night go over some things for Bengal tourney.
English101

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Boise for work next week from Monday to Thursday. I can call, or you can let me know what you need me to do.

I will help however I can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: