7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FAVORITE HOLES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kemmcase

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: FAVORITE HOLES Reply with quote

I was just thinking last night of some of my favorite holes in disc golf around idaho. I was just wondering what some other peoples favorite holes around the area are.

I really like hole 5 at bengal it plays to my strengths.
Hole 4 at Lava pool course
Hole 9 at lava other course
and i really like hole 11 at freeman right now
mooch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hole 8 at bengal cause I remember when I just started disc golfing and you get to the hole thinking your going to throw it passed the basket cause of how high the tee is from the basket and then you land in the gully before the basket and try to figure out why it didn't go very far

6 at Freeman cause that hole is always trying getting over the path is always a sucess.

don't remember what the hole number is but there is one in soda that your throwing from on top of the rocks and the hole is like 20 feet or so lover than where you throwing and you can't see the basket from where your throwing thought that was pretty cool
discgolf101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Hole 7south (322ft) at Eagle Island is my favorite...throwing down from an elevated tee (about 50ft). The basket sits about 20' from the water's edge, and is just a cool shot.

- Hole 6b (576ft) at Lake Walcott...we need more holes like this in disc golf that test your entire game and make you worry more about placement rather than just driving and putting all the time.

- Hole 6 at Osbourne Park in Nampa...the course itself is pretty bland, but this is another one of those holes that will test the entire game. You have to have a really well placed ~400ft. stright drive to get you into position for a 250ft.-ish upshot (dogleg left) across the creek and through some guardian trees to put you in position for a three. I don't forsee many two's on this hole unless you've found favor with the gods.

- Hole 8 (~ 300ft) at Rock Creek...a very different hole where you are throwing up to a basket that sits on the edge of a 50ft. cliff. It just adds an interesting element to the game.

- Hole 14 (252ft) at Lake Walcott...if you take the straight on route, it will teach you how to play with control rather than just hucking it; something most courses around here are lacking.

- Hole 17b (327ft) at Lake Walcott...one of the new alternates. The normal hole is cool, but this just has a great look to it as you throw from a slightly elevated tee into a grove of trees.
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hole 8 at Bengal, for a different reason than Mook... because it was one of the first hole's that I learned the Mark Lansing throw-it-straight-at-the-basket school of thought. Shortest distance between two points is?...

Hole 2 at Ross, because it taught me how to throw straight and miss the trees.

Hole 1 at Walcott, because it taught me how to throw an anhyzer that doesn't flip back (sometimes you can't throw straight).

Now if someone could come up with a hole to teach me how to throw far.
staatsy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hole 3 at Ross - in the original basket placement, it taught me to keep the nose down.

Hole 4 at Ross - helped me develop my tommy.

Holes 3 & 8 at Bengal - I don't exactly know why, but I always look forward to throwing these two holes in particular on the front.

Hole 16 at Bengal - love the long forehand drive here.

Hole 18 at Bengal - I've 3'd it twice. Love that when you have a great drive, you still have the anticipation of cresting the hill to see what your second shot looks like.

Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Results All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: