10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dealing with the city

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Dealing with the city Reply with quote

In my staff meeting this morning my boss took time to mention that a disc golfer left him a rude message about sister city park and the ice bowl tournament. The golfer used profanity and hung up anonymously after expressing his dissappointment for not being able to drive to the top and a few other things he felt the parks dept should do for the tournament.

This is very bad for the disc community. It really sours the attitude of the people that decide yea or nay on disc golf courses in Pocatello.

In the future if you or the club has a need to communicate anything to the city/parks dept/maintenece crews or anyone else please contact me first. I will find the right person and plead the case from inside the system. If we get a NO. please abide by that. Putting up a stink just makes NO more likely in the future.

The city has been very supportive of disc golf in the last 5 years. poky has 3 courses in a 10 minute drive. You can't really ask for more.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Lance's comments and whoever it was that made those comments, you suck.

Caleb Wolfe
cowan521

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree how lazy can you be? i helped out multiple times carrying club discs up and down and i didnt complain. ok maybe i did but to fellow disc golfers not to the city!!
Louden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree with Caleb and Mike. Some of the local "beer drinking club" disc golfers are really bringing a bad name to our wonderful sport. I for one hope the city cracks down on sister city and keeps it from turning into another Ross Park. It breaks my heart every time I see all the ripped up trees and trash in that place...
staatsy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think people know how good we have it in little Pocatello. 3 courses - just a few years ago we only had Bengal. I know the club members try to take care of the courses, but we need to try to spread the word.

If you have a complaint, it sounds like Lance should be the filter prior to going straight to the City.

As far as complaining about walking up to the Ice Bowl - you are a sissy.

Eric
bemerz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with lance i myself would have liked to park up top but who didnt. We as a club strongly dis-agree with any profanity or any bad mouthing towards the city. Disc golf wouldn't be here without the support of the city. If there are any questions or concerns about league, tournaments, anything disc golf related call me the P R E S I D E N T brad merzlock 208-406-6157 Do this so we can handle things civily thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: