5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV cup results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiya79

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: TV cup results Reply with quote

Just a quick word out of Boise. kerry, Mindy and I played in the TV cup yesterday. I was a bit epic. the course played long due to numerous lost discs and tons of water. the TD seemd a little scrambled by a turnout of over 90. The course is challenging by combinging some length and a lot of technicality. at least it is ahrd for an intermediate like myself. There were very very few bird opportunities for me. In round one I chose to play for par mostly and not have a big blowup. I came out in a many way tie for third at 62 (19 hole par 57). kerry battled back from losing his go-to disc on the second hole and ended one stroke back from me, about 7th or 8th I think. mindy was very frustrated with her driving and saved face by draining many many puts.

For round two i decided to throw a little harder and try to get 3 back on the leader. I was very up and down throwing 4 birds but cancelling that out with a double and 7 bogeys (59 on par 54) . Kerry lit it up throwing a 55 to take second, passing up a ton of folks. Everyone else was drunk, high or had lost their "best disc" by this point so I held third. Kerry alway freaking beats me at tourneys. they payed discs 14 deep in intermediate. Most of the lower payouts were star drivers. I got some butt furr anda DX wriath. Kerry got a X challenger and a small DGA disc bag.
Mindy bettered her first round score by 5.

Adrian and Bem may want to post but they played the very tricky course blind. I'm sure it was rough. I think many of the pros were over par. the best score was like 101 on par 111. It was very downhill from there.

They tried to feature a special safari 5 playoff on new, longer holes but it seemed like they were just making them up right then, the TD played in it and the word did not spread that it actuall counted. the first two hles many of the leaders did not know it was for score, they were throwing exibition type shots. When they found out theyu just gave up 5 strokes they were PISSED. It was also blowing gale force and raining sheets by the safari so that was rough. very few people stayed for the awards because by then it was like 7:00. we left after 7:30 and they were still going strong. in fact, third in advanced had not been decided yet and was still in a playoff.

the LWOpen and other poky tournaments are run so much better. I couldn't believe it. TV had so much sponsor money, but just couldn't smooth out the bunps. hopefully next time.
ScottW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were 3 Garden City Flyers members that made the trip down for this one. I'll have to check their results later. Next time I see them I'll ask them what they thought of it. Sounds like not much was missed. Nice rounds Lance, Mindy, and Kerry.
agunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I played terrible. The first round I shot a rough 10 over for 67. On the second round, my putting and midrange game went to hell. I don't even know what I finished with, but I didn't get enough to payout, so we left. Ben was in a three or four way tie for 14th place, so we decided to book it. The course itself was very fun, but the tournament wasn't run very smoothly, as Lance said. In hindsight, I need to go PLAY the courses before the tournament.
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: ben got paid Reply with quote

ben should have gotten a disc. it was announced, but obviously you were gone. Someone said they knew him and he was from I.F. and they might take it to him. I'd call the TD to see what's up. someone could pick it up later

lance
ScottW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear that Adrian and Ben also played, that's great. I asked the Missoula guys what they thought of it and they all had good things to say. Two of the guys that responded were in the final 5 (Christian Deitich and John Willard). We had another guy in Open (Scott Keith) who usually plays Masters and two other sandbaggers who can play open but choose to play advanced. They all had nice thing to say for the most part except for a few "hiccups" as they called them. It sounds like Christian, who I play with a fair amount here, played quite well considering he hadn't played that course before - seconds not bad. I wonder why it was so bad in the am. field?
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: that's what ams get Reply with quote

I don't think there were major problems, just bumps in the road. my groups at least had to start the course on the far side of nowhere. the lake made you walk around pretty far to get to 12-16
The more advanced division started and ended on easier holes and missed the major jams. the rec folks in front of us were a major reason for delays. 5 groups piled up behind them, then eveyone had to sit for 30 minutes then try to step up and drive 400 ft. it was ugly.

it took like 20 minutes to walk to the far holes. on the second round I was actually on the way when the two minute and the start the round horn blew. I didn't get a chance to putt around or anything.

the weather was brutal for the final 5.

the td added two holes so more people could play but cut one out last minute. they moved tee boxes for #9 in the middle of round 1 for lower divisions and the ctp marker went missing. ob was unclear in a few places. They also neglected to mention a drop zone on #2 and didn't play the hole on round 2 because they forgot to block off the parking lot it plays through and cars parked right in the way.

most of it is due to a new course and tourney. i would still play again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Results All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: